Community Forum

Xifinity My Account - Cable Box not connected

Regular Contributor

Xifinity My Account - Cable Box not connected

I am using the My Account App.  When I open the app it says TV 'connected'.  If I tap TV, it shows the 3 cable boxes I have for my 3 TV's.  One cable box has a red dot next to it and if I tap that cable box it says "Not Connected".  I watch that TV all the time and am experiening no problems.  

Why does it say "Not Connected" when it clearly is and appears to work perfectly.  The other 2 cable box appear to be working properly as well.

Expert

Re: Xifinity My Account - Cable Box not connected

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread from a Comcast Official Employee.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Official Employee

Hi, douglashh - My account page is not an indicator of any issues. If you haven't noticed any issues with the TV - don't worry about the "Not connected" message. I see you have a tech visit scheduled and we will follow up to make sure all issues are resolved. 

Regular Contributor

The tech left about 25 minutes ago, he swapped out the noisy Technicolor modem for a quite Arris modem.

I asked him about the 'not connected' issue and my TV cable box and he said it was something to do with the legacy system whatever that is.  Essentially he didn't know anything about it.

Official Employee

@douglashh - Legacy system is our old cable system. It supports a one-way communication so "Not connected" message is normal. As I mentioned before, that doesn't mean there are any issues with your services.