Community Forum

Xfinity my account says my device is not connected

New Poster

Xfinity my account says my device is not connected

Ever since they did an upgrade and added those signal boosters in my neighborhood the account app has said that the device is not connected. My internet is up and working. This would normally be no big deal but when I go into the xfinity assistant and try to troubleshoot my internet when it is slow, it say my device is offline and to unplug it for 12 seconds. I do that then click “I did that” and it has me contact someone from xfinity support. Every time I contact them they just do the troubleshooting that I would normally do myself. They never fix the problem where it says it’s offline. This feels like it not only wastes my time where I could just do it myself but also wastes the supports time as I shouldn’t have to contact them whenever I want to troubleshoot. Has anybody else had and fixed this problem. Thank you
New Poster

Re: Xfinity my account says my device is not connected

This exact same issue started to happen to me a few days ago.

New Poster

I've encountered this exact same issue multiple times in the past month.

New Poster

I’m experiencing the same issue. The “My Account” app is showing my devices as “not connected” even though they actually are connected. Please help us Xfinity.
Thank you.
Contributor

Same problem in 80906 also started after hardware upgrade that required downtime in my area, and using speedtest app it seems performance is worse after the upgrade service is extreme pro internet up to 500 Mbps, modem is cgm4140com.

New Poster

I have been having the exact same issue (and then some) for the same period of time. I had reliable speed and connectivity since upgrading to Gigabit last December 2019, but ever since "network enhancements" were made in my neighborhood in September 2020, the app has not recognized either my modem/gateway, or my main cable box, even though the services all still work.

Well, most of the time.

I have also been disconnected from the internet at least once every 2-3 days, at various times throughout the day, where my modem/gateway requires a hard reset.

I haven't called, because I haven't had the time to go through the hurdles of hoping to find someone who can resolve this issue, but I would be ecstatic to get this resolved.

Contributor

Have a tech coming out in a couple of days, I believe this is a database issue in that something for my modem was not entered correctly into their databases that became an issue after their neighborhood upgrade.
Contributor

Tech was just here and did find signal levels to high following the neighborhood upgrade, he also swapped out their modem, both old and new showing in the my account app new still says not connected but the expect it will eventually update.
New Poster

This is the same exact thing happening at my house as well. Has there been any resolution.
New Poster

I cannot get my emails or internet on my phone, this just occured

New Poster

Apparently it’s the app itself. The Xfinity app owner need to do more testing before releasing to the public