Community Forum

Xfinity My account app

New Poster

Xfinity My account app

I have tried for 4 months to get this app to work. It keeps gviing me an error message. I have uninstalled and re-installed it 5 times. I can't get any information to come up on this app.

New Poster

Re: Xfinity My account app

I am also having the same issue
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Xfinity My account app


@CELEASE wrote:

I have tried for 4 months to get this app to work. It keeps gviing me an error message. I have uninstalled and re-installed it 5 times. I can't get any information to come up on this app.


Are you entering the correct username/password?

https://customer.xfinity.com/#/settings/security#username-password

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Regular Contributor

Re: Xfinity My account app

If there is a second web browser installed on an Android, regardless of which one is the default, the My Account app doesn't run. It displays a message to enable a web browser.
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Xfinity My account app


@edwardp wrote:
If there is a second web browser installed on an Android, regardless of which one is the default, the My Account app doesn't run. It displays a message to enable a web browser.

Here are a few other self-help options you can use to make your payments: 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Regular Contributor

Re: Xfinity My account app

I had exchanged messages with the app developers at Comcast, until it worked once the second web browser was uninstalled from the phone.

 

Apparently, the My Account app is designed to work with (or uses a component of) Chrome.

 

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Xfinity My account app


@edwardp wrote:

I had exchanged messages with the app developers at Comcast, until it worked once the second web browser was uninstalled from the phone.

 

Apparently, the My Account app is designed to work with (or uses a component of) Chrome.

 


Hmm.  Never knew that because I had Chrome installed on my iPhone7;  I thought it would work with the iPhone Apple browser.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Regular Contributor

Re: Xfinity My account app

I also disabled Chrome while keeping the second browser installed, with the same results. Once removed and Chrome became default again, the app worked.
Official Employee Digital Care

Re: Xfinity My account app

Hello all, thanks for reaching out to our Forums! I'm sorry to hear about the troubles you are all experiencing with the Xfinity My Account app. We definitely want you to be able to successfully log in and access your account & billing details. I would be more than happy to further look into and assist you with this on my end. 

 

Can you please send a private message including the full name as it appears on the account and your full name if different? 

 

To send a Private Message, please click “Comcast_Support” and click “send a message. 


I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!