Community Forum

Xfinity My Account mobile app problem

New Poster

Xfinity My Account mobile app problem

I have not been able to access my Comcast Xfinity account information through using the Xfinity My Account mobile app. I have an LG Stylo 4 (purchased through Xfinity Mobile). Every time I try to access my account information using the Xfinity My Account mobile app I get the following message: "We're sorry we are not able to access your information at this time. Please try back later." (Or something to that effect). I posted a review on the Xfinity My Account app on Google Play referencing the message, and I received feedback from the Google Play Xfinity My Account team asking me to post my issue on this forum. I have repeatedly tried to access my account information through the Xfinity My Account mobile app since I received my LG Stylo 4 in November 2018, but have always received the same error message. I would like to note that I recently had a problem with my Xfinity account where a payment I made was posted to my mother's account, which was cancelled in Nov.2018 when I activated my cable & internet Xfinity account in my name. I was managing the account for my mother, and when I activated an account in my own name I used the same email & login credentials that I had been using for my mother's account. I called Comcast recently & spoke with a customer service representative who informed me the payment posted to my mother's account because the phone number had not been updated (?). The CSR informed me that she updated my phone number for my account so I would not have that problem again. I still cannot access my account information by using the Xfinity My Account mobile app however. I AM able to access my account information by going to the Xfinity website through my mobile web browser (Google Chrome). HOWEVER, even accessing my account information on the Xfinity website was not reflecting the billing information for MY account in MY name - it would reflect all of the correct account information EXCEPT the billing information was reflecting the account balance for my MOTHER'S deactivated Xfinity account, which was $0.00. I would receive emails from Xfinity stating my bill was overdue, but when I clicked on the link provided in the email to pay my bill it would pull up my account in my name but reflect a balance of $0.00. I suspect this mix-up in account information MAY be linked to my inability to access my account information through the Xfinity My Account mobile app, but I am not SURE of that. I was told by the CSR on the phone call that she corrected the account mixup when she updated my phone number, BUT I am still not certain if that indeed solved the problem. I want to reiterate that I STILL receive the error message on the app even AFTER the CSR stated the issue with the account mix-up had been resolved.
Official Employee

Re: Xfinity My Account mobile app problem

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Most of the time i am told there are issues and to try again later.  When i am able to get into the app, i select to make a payment, the app things (with the circle swirling around) then a blank page opens.  This has been going on the last few times I have tried.  I give up and come back again, no change.  2 weeks ago i made a payment on my laptop because the App does not work.  I tried again today, same problem. I was hoping to see the answer to this woman's issue since it sounds like mine.  It is a lot easier and faster to make a payment on My Account app.   I wish this would get fixed. 

Expert

@Qya_ wrote:

Most of the time i am told there are issues and to try again later.  When i am able to get into the app, i select to make a payment, the app things (with the circle swirling around) then a blank page opens.  This has been going on the last few times I have tried.  I give up and come back again, no change.  2 weeks ago i made a payment on my laptop because the App does not work.  I tried again today, same problem. I was hoping to see the answer to this woman's issue since it sounds like mine.  It is a lot easier and faster to make a payment on My Account app.   I wish this would get fixed. 

check your network settings. what is the DNS server setting address?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Qya_, 

To piggyback here, what type of device are you using? What is the app version? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.