Community Forum

Xfinity Hotspot Control Grayed Out Since XFi Gateway Installed

Frequent Visitor

Xfinity Hotspot Control Grayed Out Since XFi Gateway Installed

Ever since I installed the new XFi Gateway, the Xfinity WiFi on-off control in the MyAccount app is grayed out. Also when you go the app control page, the app pops up a message "Something Went Wrong - we were unable to load your Wi-Fi hotspot settings. Would you like to try again?" Each retry fails. A call to technical support provided no solution. They turned it off remotely but it still shows here as on. It cannot be controlled with the gateway controls at 10.0.0.1. I do want to be able to turn it on when needed and otherwise turn it off to avoid devices connecting to the non-secure signal. Please provide a fix to the app. BTW, there is no new control for this in the new XFi app.
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Xfinity Hotspot Control Grayed Out Since XFi Gateway Installed

@joneisenberg wrote:
Ever since I installed the new XFi Gateway, the Xfinity WiFi on-off control in the MyAccount app is grayed out. Also when you go the app control page, the app pops up a message "Something Went Wrong - we were unable to load your Wi-Fi hotspot settings. Would you like to try again?" Each retry fails. A call to technical support provided no solution. They turned it off remotely but it still shows here as on. It cannot be controlled with the gateway controls at 10.0.0.1. I do want to be able to turn it on when needed and otherwise turn it off to avoid devices connecting to the non-secure signal. Please provide a fix to the app. BTW, there is no new control for this in the new XFi app.

Can you give us the make and model of your gateway?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Frequent Visitor

XB6A. No make given. "Made with ❤️ in Philadelphia." Thanks.
Silver Problem Solver

@joneisenberg wrote:

Did you try the website?

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/disable-xfinity-wifi-home-hotspot

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Frequent Visitor

Thanks but I went through this with a Comcast. That page says "We're having trouble accessing this data. Please try again later." Comcast could not explain this and had no solution. Thank you.
IMG_9167.PNG