Community Forum

Why no multiple users with the Xfinity Authenticator App?

Frequent Visitor

Why no multiple users with the Xfinity Authenticator App?

I use AUTHY app for many many sites for Two-Step Verification log on.

And I just found out sadly that it does not work with Comcast accounts.

So instead I need to use the Xfinity Authenticator App ok fine no problem until I know learn that it does not support multiple users!!! Smiley Sad

So Comcast thinks it's a good idea to only be able to use Two-Step Verification log on with one account? What about my other Comcast email accounts?????

Either allow for multiple users in the the Xfinity Authenticator App or better yet add support for the wonderful and much better AUTHY app!!!

This has to be one of the worst idea's Comcast  has come up with for their users when it concern security!!! Smiley Sad

Frequent Visitor

Re: Why no multiple users with the Xfinity Authenticator App?

Ok this is even worse I just relized it's not just the the Xfinity Authenticator App that will not allow  multiple users. 

I can not even use the 2 other metheds one being my same moble phone or same email address.

Fix this please!!!

Official Employee Digital Care

Greetings, Anon106170! I appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us here on the forums. I hope you are having an amazing day. I apologize to hear you are running into issue with the Authenticator app. I certainly understand how frsutrating that is as it help makes logins more secure. We would like to look into this for you. Can you please send a PM with your first and last name so we may further assist you?

To send a private message, please click the name "Comcast_Support" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

OK I think the info below explains how to let Restricted Secondary Users to also use Two-Step Verification for Signing in.

"Enrolling a Restricted Secondary User

A restricted secondary user is someone you have given access to sign in and use services like Xfinity TV and Xfinity email, but who cannot change Xfinity account settings. If you are a parent, you might give your child access as a restricted secondary user. To enroll a restricted secondary user in Two-Step Verification, both the primary user and restricted secondary user need to work together. You will have to edit the restricted secondary user information and enter the mobile phone number or email address other than a comcast.net email address (such as Gmail, Hotmail, etc.) for the restricted secondary user. The restricted secondary user can then sign in to their account and enroll in Two-Step Verification. Each time the restricted secondary user changes their Two-Step Verification enrollment status, you will be notified of this change via an email sent to the preferred email address on your account. (The secondary account user will also receive an email via their preferred email address.)

Please note that if you are a primary user and you change the mobile telephone number and third-party email address information for a restricted secondary user this will turn off Two-Step Verification for the restricted secondary user. You will receive a notification informing you that the restricted secondary user will need to verify their new information by entering the verification code and signing in to My Account and turning Two-Step Verification back on."

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/enroll-2-step-verification

I will try that if that does not help then I will send you a PM.

Thanks