Community Forum

Unlink or delete an old account

Regular Visitor

Unlink or delete an old account

Does anyone know to unlink or delete an old account? I moved to a new address a couple years ago.

and my old inactive account is still linked to my login, along with my new one. The old account seems to be the "primary" when I sign into the web site and any xfinity app. How can I get this old account unlinked or deleted? I chatted with a Comcast agent online and phone for hours, and they still could not resolve my issue. Eventually, my xfinity apps still cannot be used. Thanks

Tags (1)
Expert

Re: Unlink or delete an old account

@SEJHOME wrote:

Does anyone know to unlink or delete an old account? I moved to a new address a couple years ago.

and my old inactive account is still linked to my login, along with my new one. The old account seems to be the "primary" when I sign into the web site and any xfinity app. How can I get this old account unlinked or deleted? I chatted with a Comcast agent online and phone for hours, and they still could not resolve my issue. Eventually, my xfinity apps still cannot be used. Thanks

call 800-Comcast and select billing. ask the agent to fix your username to be only associated with your current address/account number. Or an Official Employee will respond to this thread within 72 hours of your post.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Hi Rustyben

I have talked with customer service multiple times about this issue and it is still not resolved.

Thanks

Expert

@SEJHOME wrote:

Hi Rustyben

I have talked with customer service multiple times about this issue and it is still not resolved.

Thanks

you must speak to the billing department (accounts).

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

Comcast transferred my call many times, and eventaully I talked to the billing department, then they told me my account will be tied with the new address in 72 hours.  But, 72 hours pasted, the issue wasn't fixed, I still  cannot use my xfinity mobile app.  It looks other people suffering the similar issue can be helped here, that's why I ask help here. Thanks.

Official Employee

Hi Sejhome, I can look into this for you and have responded to your private message.

Thank you 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

It is now working. Thanks, Phill!

Official Employee

Hi SEJHOME, thank you for working with me through private message and glad I could assist getting this corrected for you. Please reach back out if you need any assistance in the future.

Thank you 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.