Community Forum

Unable to log into iPhone app

Contributor

Unable to log into iPhone app

This is nothing new. It has happened many times before.

1. Click "Get Started" on the Welcome to My Account splash screen. A window displays with the following message: "XfinityMyAccount" Wants to Use "xfinity.com" to Sign In".
  2. Click "Continue". An oauth.xfinity.com browser screen displays.
  3. The process hangs, and a message displays saying that the page could not be opened because the server stopped responding.

Getting very tired of the same old issues repeating themselves. Please fix!!!

xfinity.gif
Expert

Re: Unable to log into iPhone app

@kram160 wrote:

This is nothing new. It has happened many times before.

1. Click "Get Started" on the Welcome to My Account splash screen. A window displays with the following message: "XfinityMyAccount" Wants to Use "xfinity.com" to Sign In".
  2. Click "Continue". An oauth.xfinity.com browser screen displays.
  3. The process hangs, and a message displays saying that the page could not be opened because the server stopped responding.

Getting very tired of the same old issues repeating themselves. Please fix!!!

run the app, select the gear and be sure there is no choice to sign out. close the app and then uninstall the app. reboot the smart device (not just lock/unlock). reinstall the app and log in. working?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

How can I "run the app" if I can't log into it???????????

Expert

@kram160 wrote:

then start at close the app, uninstall, power off device and reinstall.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Contributor

Sorry, didn't work.

@Rustyben wrote:

@kram160 wrote:

@Rustyben wrote:

@kram160 wrote:

Sorry, didn't fix it.

Contributor

Repeated this process three times and am now able to log in. But, The app should be reliable enough so that I shouldn’t have to do this!
Official Employee

Hi @kram160

Thanks for using the forums. We apologize for the experience you were having with the app. I'm happy this was finally resolved for you. If you should run into any more problems in the future, don't hesitate to contact us. Thank you for being a valued customer. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Contributor

It actually happened several more times since my last post. Strange, but ehen I disabled my home WiFi, it connected fine using LTE. When back on WiFi, it hung. I restarted my modem, and the app seems to be working now. It also was curious that, even though I have Gigabit, the best I could muster with Speedtest via WiFi on my iPhone was 64Mbps. After the restart, the speed returned to its usual +/- 380Mbps.
Official Employee

Ok, thanks for letting me know. Do you have a computer that you can hardwire to the modem and then run a speed test? 

I want to check your signal levels and a few other things to see if I can help get this resolved for good. Please send me a message by clicking on my name, "ComcastChe" then click send a message. In the body of this message please verify your first and last name, and the name of the account holder if it's different than yours.  

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hi @kram160

Thanks for allowing me to assist you. If you run into any more problems, feel free to contact us.