Community Forum

Two factor authenticaton

New Poster

Two factor authenticaton

I switched my browser to Firefox from Chrome. When I log on to my email, it asks for the two factor code. I enter the code and click on the remember this device. However, next time I log on it again asks for the two facator code. Cant seem to get it to remember. Do I need to do something else to switch the "remember" this browser from the old to the new?

Expert

Re: Two factor authenticaton

@ixbmw wrote:

I switched my browser to Firefox from Chrome. When I log on to my email, it asks for the two factor code. I enter the code and click on the remember this device. However, next time I log on it again asks for the two facator code. Cant seem to get it to remember. Do I need to do something else to switch the "remember" this browser from the old to the new?

sounds like a cookie issue. do you have an privacy/identity protection extension/program running that is clearing cookies? can't run in an incognito mode since those cookes are deleted at end of session.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Thanks for the response. I have a cookie cleaner that I told to not clean the "account" cookies. Apparently this did not work. Going to delete,see if it stops, then renstall clean. Is there a way to cancel the 2 factor authentication also? Will then try to reinstall.

Highlighted
Expert

@ixbmw wrote:

Thanks for the response. I have a cookie cleaner that I told to not clean the "account" cookies. Apparently this did not work. Going to delete,see if it stops, then renstall clean. Is there a way to cancel the 2 factor authentication also? Will then try to reinstall.

run the xfinity authenticator app and go to settings and turn setting off.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

I fugured it out. Was able to cancel it on the browser I use. Thanks for your help. Got me pointed in the right direction.

Official Employee

Hello ixbmw, thank you for sharing your resolution with us. If you need anything else feel free to reach back out to us here, have a good day. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Thanks for the help. 

Official Employee

@ixbmw wrote: Thanks for the help. 

No problem we're here to help, but I think most of the credit goes to you and Rustyben. Kuddos for you both. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.