Community Forum

Two Factor verification problem?

Frequent Visitor

Two Factor verification problem?

I have established 2 factor verification but today I receive verification texts twice and no "authorized" person was trying to login. Might there be a glitch wherein I receive a text meant for someone else, OR how am I to find out where this attempt to access my account occurred. No one home, no unrecognizable devices on my wifi which is hidden and secure. Am I alone in this or is this a known issue

Expert

Re: Two Factor verification problem?

Girubato wrote:

I have established 2 factor verification but today I receive verification texts twice and no "authorized" person was trying to login. Might there be a glitch wherein I receive a text meant for someone else, OR how am I to find out where this attempt to access my account occurred. No one home, no unrecognizable devices on my wifi which is hidden and secure. Am I alone in this or is this a known issue

sounds like someone has your password but not your 2nd factor, the phone. change password

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here(updated).
Official Employee

Hello Girubato. Were you able to change your password and resolve this? Please let us know if you need further support. I can help. 

Frequent Visitor

Well, yes I can change my password. Unfortunately, that is just the generic response and doesn't get at the issue; is it possible that it is a system glitch that sent a verification code to the wrong phone, and is there a way to actually check versus the "assumption" that my account name and password have been compromised. Considering how easily customer service just popped in and changed my wifi name I would imagine they can also determine where the request for access to my account generated from. The typical response of, uninstall/reinstall, or change your password WITHOUT any attempt to discover the true nature of the issue is just ignoring the possibility of a real issue. My apologies but I am not one to just "hit reset" and not investigate the cause.