Community Forum

Trouble with Xfinity Apps on iPhone XR

Highlighted
New Poster

Trouble with Xfinity Apps on iPhone XR

I have a new iPhone and am having login issues.  I can log into Stream, xFi and MyAccount as well as the Xfinity website on my android tablet, my old android phone and on my Windows computer.  However on the iPhone I can't log into the three apps nor the website using Safari.  Get an error message that my PW/ID is invalid after entering the six digit authentication code.  I can log in to the website on the iPhone using Chrome.  I've been bounced between Comcast C/S and Apple C/S -- both are pointing the finger at the other.  Need to know why my login is being denied so I can go back to Apple -- need tier 2 or tier 3 support!!! 

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Trouble with Xfinity Apps on iPhone XR

@Mike9042 wrote:

I have a new iPhone and am having login issues.  I can log into Stream, xFi and MyAccount as well as the Xfinity website on my android tablet, my old android phone and on my Windows computer.  However on the iPhone I can't log into the three apps nor the website using Safari.  Get an error message that my PW/ID is invalid after entering the six digit authentication code.  I can log in to the website on the iPhone using Chrome.  I've been bounced between Comcast C/S and Apple C/S -- both are pointing the finger at the other.  Need to know why my login is being denied so I can go back to Apple -- need tier 2 or tier 3 support!!! 

on the iphone, have you installed and logged in to the Xfinity Stream TV app? the Xfinity My Account App? for smart devices (android/apple) use the apps not the web page.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

The apps are not working on the iPhone -- reinstalled all three nor is Safari working on iPhone -- but can log into Xfinity.com with Chrome on iPhone.

Highlighted
New Poster

Figured it out myself -- no help from Comcast -- got the old case number and call back within 24 hour runaround -- never heard back from anyone.  Disable the two factor authenication and everything works fine.

Highlighted
New Poster

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I was on auto-mated run-around with comcast customer support yesterday for an hour and a half.  Finally got ahold of customer service and their solution was to reinstall the app. After that didn't work they really had no idea what to do.  They are supposed to call back today, and when they do I will let them know how to fix this so they can hopefully spare others the pain.

Thanks again!