Community Forum

SLEEP MODE & PAUSE ...

New Poster

SLEEP MODE & PAUSE ...

It's a great concept.. ive been using it to put a time limit on my teenage son on school nights and the pause button is great for restricting internet when a consequence is warranted...
Problem is he downloaded the app and changed sleep alarm and unpaused during punishment..
How do i block or restrict him from getting into the devices/ profiles.
I want only my husband and I to be the only people in our household to access this part of the app... How, if possible, can i set this up?
Maggie
Tags (2)
Official Employee

Re: SLEEP MODE & PAUSE ...

Change your password on yours and your husbands login.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Thank you Andrew.. I'll try that..
Maggie
New Poster

Well, the only way to keep a user from accessing functions on your account is to secure your password and your husband's, but also... If you son has even an email setup on the account @comcast.net, he will still be able to login to the xfi app and make changes.  It's a real security vulnerability, in my opinion.  So, have you kid get a gamil account and delete his comcast.net account and secure your acounts and you should be good.  

New Poster

It can also be enabled or disabled through the router's admin login.  So, change that password, too.  He could login and disable the time restriction using just a browser and logging into the router setup interface.  It's a crafty game that kids play these days.  Unfortunately, even though Comcast employees try to verify who they are talking to, a kid can go to chat help and talk a rep into making changes also.  And if one chat rep says no, then they just login again and try another rep until they get what they want.  Makes it sound hopeless, huh?  I had to ask a rep to require a passphrase for any info on my account.  It's not a normal security measure, so they will just add it to your imprtant "notes", but it does help.  Seems kids know the answers to most security questions, like a favorite pet or even the last four of your social security number.  So, think like a crafty kid and build a better mouse trap.  Sorry if this sounded like it is hopeless... It's just a lot of work if you have a smart and crafty kid.

New Poster

how do you shut it off

Silver Problem Solver

@originalpatriot wrote:

how do you shut it off

We need more information; are you referring to the xFi app?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!