Community Forum

Restricted Section As a secondary user, you cannot access restricted areas of My Account

Contributor

Restricted Section As a secondary user, you cannot access restricted areas of My Account

When I try and go to Billing in My Account (I am the primary user) - I get this popup:

Restricted Section

As a secondary user, you cannot access restricted areas of My Account

What the heck?  I am currently receiving a paper statement and would like to change to paperless!

Need help!!  I've contacted Comcast's customer service - TWICE - they said they would call back but never do.

Ruby Burns

Expert

Re: Restricted Section As a secondary user, you cannot access restricted areas of My Account

@Ruby123 wrote:

When I try and go to Billing in My Account (I am the primary user) - I get this popup:

Restricted Section

As a secondary user, you cannot access restricted areas of My Account

What the heck?  I am currently receiving a paper statement and would like to change to paperless!

Need help!!  I've contacted Comcast's customer service - TWICE - they said they would call back but never do.

Ruby Burns

hi, I moved your post to the My Account area of the forum. call 800-Comcast and select billing. ask the agent to verify you are the primary account owner and assist in getting full access to your menu on the My Account app.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Gold Problem Solver

Re: Restricted Section As a secondary user, you cannot access restricted areas of My Account

@Ruby123 wrote: ... As a secondary user, you cannot access restricted areas of My Account ...

Double check your UserIDs on your home system with the Lookup tool at https://idm.xfinity.com/myaccount/lookup. After you enter the requested information you'll see a list of the UserIDs on your account and an indication of which one is Primary. Be aware that the Primary UserID online doesn't always correspond with a name on your billing statement.

If the ID you are using is not Primary, you'll need to log in with the Primary ID. If you need help with that, if the IDs are not as you expect, or if your ID is Primary but you still don't have access, you'll have to get them to fix the problem.

Contributor

Thank you for trying to help.  I went to the link you gave and even that wouldn't work - it told me to try again...I put in exactly what is on my paper bill for the address and, still, it didn't work.

I clicked on the help and went to chat.  I was on chat for 45 minutes and she wasn't able to do anything although she did try.  She escalated the issue and created a ticket. 

I don't think that will help since I have already talked to CS twice and they weren't able to do anything either.

I don't understand what the big problem is?  Funny I am able to pay the bill, through my bank's bill pay even though I am the "secondary user"....lol.

I have been a customer of Comcast's for over 30 years!  We just moved and established our new account 2 months ago and, now, I have turned into a secondary user?  Someone, somewhere has royally messed our account up, I think.

Oh, UGH.

Gold Problem Solver

@Ruby123 wrote: ... I went to the link you gave and even that wouldn't work - it told me to try again...I put in exactly what is on my paper bill for the address and, still, it didn't work. ...

Typically, when you move, Comcast assigns a new account number to your new location.  Also your previous Comcast email address(es) (user IDs/logins) may not transfer to your new account, and Comcast may create a new Primary user ID for the new account.

When you check your UserIDs on your home system with the Lookup tool at https://idm.xfinity.com/myaccount/lookup, are you entering your current address? The previous one won't work.

Contributor

Of course, I was using our current address :-)

I was just on the phone with the escalated ticket CS agent and he couldn't fix it either.  He said he has never seen an account where a secondary user couldn't be made a primary user - the system just wouldn't let him do it.  He is escalating it up the ladder.

I have a question if you can answser it....what would happen if I just let this go - other than not being able to do anything to my account online (I am currently receiving a paper bill) would we be missing out on doing something that we might need to do now or in the future?  I can call Comcast and, since I know all of our important info, etc., I am able to do everything that I need to do on the phone.  We are in a contract for 2 years so I don't need to worry about that for a while BUT would I be able to - in 2 yrs. - change our plan if I am not listed as the primary user? 

This is getting to be a real pain and I hate talking on our cell phone...reception is awful.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Gold Problem Solver

@Ruby123 wrote: ...what would happen if I just let this go ...

There's no way to know. I suspect it would come back to bite you at some point. I'd want to get it fixed ASAP myself, although I'd be gritting my teeth through the (unnecessary IMHO) aggravation. Good luck to you!