Community Forum

My Account and Support Chat not working

Regular Visitor

My Account and Support Chat not working

My account page won't load in a browser (shows the 3 dots until it times out). I have tried multiple browsers (chrome, internet explorer, etc). Everything is up to date. 

I tried to use the app but it states I'm logged on but its unable to access account details. I have tried on an Iphone and Samsung device. Both have updated app and software is up to date. 

I tried to start a support chat with a comcast representative, but after I put in my info and problem, the chat window pops up and says I need to enter my account number, but there is no place to enter it at. 

Overall I am very frusterated that no online xfinity platform seems to work, including the chat that is supposed to help me figure out whats wrong. 

Expert

Re: My Account and Support Chat not working

@courtneyleigh88 wrote:

My account page won't load in a browser (shows the 3 dots until it times out). I have tried multiple browsers (chrome, internet explorer, etc). Everything is up to date. 

I tried to use the app but it states I'm logged on but its unable to access account details. I have tried on an Iphone and Samsung device. Both have updated app and software is up to date. 

I tried to start a support chat with a comcast representative, but after I put in my info and problem, the chat window pops up and says I need to enter my account number, but there is no place to enter it at. 

Overall I am very frusterated that no online xfinity platform seems to work, including the chat that is supposed to help me figure out whats wrong. 

that 'image' is when the app needs 'flash' are you using Chrome and have flash enabled?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here(updated).
Regular Visitor

Flash is enabled on all the browsers I've tried. Also that wouldn't explain the app issues or the chat issues. 

Regular Visitor

Spent over an hour on the phone with customer service before I gave up. They were unable to figure out why the my account on the browser or app won't work. This whole experience is really making me wish xfinity wasn't the only service available in my area. 

Expert

@courtneyleigh88 wrote:

Spent over an hour on the phone with customer service before I gave up. They were unable to figure out why the my account on the browser or app won't work. This whole experience is really making me wish xfinity wasn't the only service available in my area. 

what smart device are you using (android or apple)? let's work on just one issue at a time as that might fix all others.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here(updated).
Official Employee

Hello @courtneyleigh88 and others having this issue, 

The issues you're having is part of a national issue we are currently investigating. Our engineering team is aware and in the process of fixing this. Unfortunately, we do not have an ETA. Thank you for your patience while we work to get this resolved.

Official Employee

This issue should now be resolved. If you are still experiencing issues logging into your account, please send me a private message so I can investigate further. 

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.