Community Forum

Multiple accounts on my app

Highlighted
New Poster

Multiple accounts on my app

I moved a few months ago and ever since the move the app prompts me for which location I am at.  I tried telling it to always use the new one when logging in but if I do that it crashes next time I login.  The move was several months ago so I have no idea why the old one is still there.  I'm not being billed for it, it just shows when trying to login.

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Multiple accounts on my app

@elecwolf wrote:

I moved a few months ago and ever since the move the app prompts me for which location I am at.  I tried telling it to always use the new one when logging in but if I do that it crashes next time I login.  The move was several months ago so I have no idea why the old one is still there.  I'm not being billed for it, it just shows when trying to login.

go to xfinity.com and sign in. go to account then users and add a new user. use that new username to sign in. working?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

I started heading to the location you mentioned and it showed my old address as a "linked account".  I removed that and now the app works.

Thank you for your help.  🙂

Highlighted
Official Employee

FYI, you can always unlink your old address, however you should be able to do everything fine as long as you set the default to your new address via the "Make Primary" functionality in https://customer.xfinity.com/#/settings/account/linked-accounts

I am an Official Comcast Employee on the Identity Product Team and the Serviceability team at HQ.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!