Community Forum

Home Hotspot settings won’t load

New Poster

Home Hotspot settings won’t load

To reproduce:
- Tap a device
- Observe the “Home Hotspot” setting

Expected result:
- Home Hotspot setting slider displays on or off indicator based on setting of Home Hotspot on the device being viewed

Actual result:
- A dialog box pops up (immediately as the device info is displayed) stating “Something went wrong. We were unable to load your WiFi Hotspot Settings. Would you like to try again?”, with “No, thanks” and “Try Again” options. If I tap “try again”, the dialog closes and re-appears. If I tap “No, thanks”, the dialog closes, but the Home Hotspot slider is in the off position (although the Home Hotspot is on) and tapping it has no effect.
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Home Hotspot settings won’t load

@wgruen wrote:
To reproduce:
- Tap a device
- Observe the “Home Hotspot” setting

Expected result:
- Home Hotspot setting slider displays on or off indicator based on setting of Home Hotspot on the device being viewed

Actual result:
- A dialog box pops up (immediately as the device info is displayed) stating “Something went wrong. We were unable to load your WiFi Hotspot Settings. Would you like to try again?”, with “No, thanks” and “Try Again” options. If I tap “try again”, the dialog closes and re-appears. If I tap “No, thanks”, the dialog closes, but the Home Hotspot slider is in the off position (although the Home Hotspot is on) and tapping it has no effect.

Where are you "tapping a device"?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Official Employee

Re: Home Hotspot settings won’t load

Hi, wgruen! Thank you for posting in the Xfinity Forum! What device do you use? Are you trying to connect at home? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!