Community Forum

Email attachments will not print from iphone

New Poster

Email attachments will not print from iphone

I've noticed recently that many attachments received via email cannot be printed from my iphone.  There is simply no "print" option to enable printing.  doesn't seem to matter which file type the attachment is.  This is a new problem for me.  The only way I can print is to save to files and then print from the file folder on my phone.  Any suggested fixes?  Thanks!

Expert

Re: Email attachments will not print from iphone

@Lori_l42 wrote:

I've noticed recently that many attachments received via email cannot be printed from my iphone.  There is simply no "print" option to enable printing.  doesn't seem to matter which file type the attachment is.  This is a new problem for me.  The only way I can print is to save to files and then print from the file folder on my phone.  Any suggested fixes?  Thanks!

you would need to consult google on that and there may be apps recommended.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Greetings, Lori_l42! I appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us here on the forums. I hope you are having an amazing day. I apologize to hear you are unable to print attachments at this time. That's certainly frustrating. When you attempt to print are you trying to use the Xfinity Connect app or a third-party app like outlook or apple mail?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

I am using the xfinity connect app.  

Official Employee

Thank you for that information, Lori_l42. Looking into my android device it doesn't look like we have the option to print right from the app. It does look like you have to download the attachment and then tell it to print as long as you have a printer installed on your phone. Or it's possible you might need to reset the application you use to view the attachment to one that prints. It looks like I get the option to open the attachment with different apps that have the ability to print.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Expert

the iphone will use any available printer and if available show the print option on the icon that is a box with an up pointing arrow (share). there are many print assistance apps too that are available in the app store.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Thank you! I’ll try uninstalling the app and reinstalling. I’ve used it for several years without issue. Seems to be a recent problem and wind print even after downloading the document to a suitable format. Thanks for your help!
Official Employee

You are welcome, Lori_l42. Please let us know if you still have issues after reinstalling the connect app and we can look into this further.

Official Employee

Hello, Lori_l42. We have not heard back from you. If you still need assistance, please feel free to start a new public thread.