Community Forum

Comcast My Account app having log in issues

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Comcast My Account app having log in issues

Everytime I try logging into the Comcast Xfinity My Account app on my Android smartphone I keep getting an error saying "We're Sorry. We were unable to sign you in. Please try again". It been doing this to after the latest application update for me. Current version of the Xfinity My account on I'm running is 1.42.1.20190918142853 also quick note I can log into the website no problem but about 90% of the time I use the My Account App to check my bill which always goes up on the 8th of every month & pay it using the app too, Plus it very helpful for me so I know when theirs an internet outage in my area because where I'm at in Florida the internet always going down & with me not being able to log in I can't check when Comcast has any outage going on. I uninstall & reinstall to again but that didn't fix it so I went into the Google Play Store & went to the My Account Developer Contact & e-mail Xfinity_tvapp@Comcast.com to tell them about the problem as well so hopefully this issue get fix ASAP as I'm not the only one this is affecting.

Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Comcast My Account app having log in issues

@RJ_RAGE_ZX_1987 wrote:

Everytime I try logging into the Comcast Xfinity My Account app on my Android smartphone I keep getting an error saying "We're Sorry. We were unable to sign you in. Please try again". It been doing this to after the latest application update for me. Current version of the Xfinity My account on I'm running is 1.42.1.20190918142853 also quick note I can log into the website no problem but about 90% of the time I use the My Account App to check my bill which always goes up on the 8th of every month & pay it using the app too, Plus it very helpful for me so I know when theirs an internet outage in my area because where I'm at in Florida the internet always going down & with me not being able to log in I can't check when Comcast has any outage going on. I uninstall & reinstall to again but that didn't fix it so I went into the Google Play Store & went to the My Account Developer Contact & e-mail Xfinity_tvapp@Comcast.com to tell them about the problem as well so hopefully this issue get fix ASAP as I'm not the only one this is affecting.

Are you using the correct username/password?

https://www.diecastmodelaircraft.com/db/model/64476#.XZ3CDUZKibg

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Yes I am using the right user name & password. I can log into Comcast official website no problem but after their new update for their My Account app on my Android Phone I always getting a message saying basically "Please try again later". It not the user name or password as other people reviews on the Google Play Store review this app too & are having the same log in problems.

Highlighted
New Poster

Having the same issue here for past couple of days.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I finally started getting some e-mail back from a Comcast tech for the My Account app they listed in the contact info in the Google Play Store for this app & after telling them everything from what version of Android I'm running this is what they have me do to fix the problem.  This is from the e-mal I gotten it said "Thank you for that information. We know you have attempted to uninstall and reinstall the app but we would like you to try it one more time using the following steps: "  

Log out or force close the Xfinity MyAccount app. (or just make sure it's not running in the background)

Go into settings > apps > Xfinity MyAccount app.

Clear cache and data.

Once cleared, uninstall the app.

Reboot after you uninstall the app.

Once the device has booted back up reinstall the app.

Try to log in and let us know if you still have the same issue.

-Comcast

Highlighted
New Poster

I'm having the same issue and clearing the cache, uninstalling and reinstalling works once and on reopening the app it says error and try again.
Highlighted
New Poster

Has this been resolved?  I have this issue intermittantly every few weeks. I think it may align with when the application is updated.

I can log in to website and to the "XFINITY My Account" application consistently, but for "XFINITY Home" application, I need to clear cache, uninstall and then reinstall every few weeks. Just clearing cache does not help. Once I successfully log in, I can log in and out successfully for a few weeks and then one day, it will ask me to log in again and will fail. I can confirm my credential are correct and it fails with both pasting from a password management (LastPass) as also fails when typing in directly.

"XFINITY Home" App version 11.30.1

Device:  Samsung S20+ 5G (SM-G986U)

New Poster

Any resolve on this? Same issues, no luck as yet. Have tried all of the above suggestions.

Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

@Llew_V wrote:

Any resolve on this? Same issues, no luck as yet. Have tried all of the above suggestions.

Did I miss whether you called 1800comcast?

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Highlighted
Expert

@Llew_V wrote:

use a browser and go to xfinity.com and sign in. successful? if you are, go to accounts. look on right side and scroll down for linked accounts. do you have more than one linked account?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!