Community Forum

Cannot use admin tool for WiFi

Contributor

Cannot use admin tool for WiFi

Unable to use admin tool for WiFi. The message I get is that I am not connected to my home network. I have verified that I am connected to my home network and I am able to access the router admin web interface using router.

i also see an error with xfinity stream app accessing channels that can only be accessed over home network. It looks like the process that detects whether you are on home network or not is broken.

Expert

Re: Cannot use admin tool for WiFi

@patkes wrote:

Unable to use admin tool for WiFi. The message I get is that I am not connected to my home network. I have verified that I am connected to my home network and I am able to access the router admin web interface using router.

i also see an error with xfinity stream app accessing channels that can only be accessed over home network. It looks like the process that detects whether you are on home network or not is broken.

it is a national problem but seems to affect the northeastern states area more often. Comcast has not give an estimated time of repair.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Contributor

After the home network issue was fixed by Comcast, this started working.
Official Employee

Hi patkes, 

Thanks for informing us that this issue was resolved. If there's anything we can assist you with in the future, please feel free to reach out.