Community Forum

Cannot sign into my account app

kianasnyder
New Poster

Cannot sign into my account app

Whenever I try to sign in it takes me out of the app to log in and then once I log in it just gives me an error message. I have an iphone 8, i’ve tried uninstalling the app and retrying, didn’t do anything.
Rustyben
Expert

Re: Cannot sign into my account app

@kianasnyder wrote:
Whenever I try to sign in it takes me out of the app to log in and then once I log in it just gives me an error message. I have an iphone 8, i’ve tried uninstalling the app and retrying, didn’t do anything.

you didn't state the errro message and error reference number. you can use a browser and go to xfinity.com and sign in and go to account.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
kianasnyder
New Poster

the error message says
“*Access not Authorized*
You signed in successfully, but you must be an Xfinity user to enjoy this service”

Rustyben
Expert

@kianasnyder wrote:
the error message says
“*Access not Authorized*
You signed in successfully, but you must be an Xfinity user to enjoy this service”

that means the specific username you are using is not authorized to manage your account. call 800-Comcast and select billing if you are the owner of the account.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
kianasnyder
New Poster

i’ve called the 1800-XFINITY number and it’s just a robot that wants to give me billing details. I am the owner of the account, there isn’t anyone else who has access to anything. I live alone, it’s just me. But Id really like to be able to view my usage and pay my bill through the app, especially since I was forced into paperless billing.
kianasnyder
New Poster

I haven’t changed the username or password since the beginning of using the service. I always use the option to sign in with my fingerprint, and it worked for several months. And then all of the sudden it quit working and started giving me the message i described to you.
kianasnyder
New Poster

The app has also proven much more helpful in troubleshooting wifi issues and contacting support. I understand that I don’t have to use the app, but it’s much more convenient and I never changed any login info so I don’t understand why I’ve lost access.
ComcastChe
Official Employee

Hi @kianasnyder, thank you for using the Xfinity Forum to get help with your login issues. I know how much of an inconvenience this can be, and I want to help get this resolved. Please send a private message by clicking on my name, "ComcastChe," and then click send a message. In the body of your message, please verify your first and last name, the account holder's name if different from you, and the numbers associated with your service address. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
disankey
Frequent Visitor

Same issue here. I have cleared the cache. Cleaned my phone. Removed and reinstalled the app multiple times. Still not working. It use to work fine until a few months ago.
gailandrews429
New Poster

Same here. For a communications company it sure has a lot of problems doing so. Very frustrating. Too many glitches
Rustyben
Expert

@gailandrews429 wrote:
Same here. For a communications company it sure has a lot of problems doing so. Very frustrating. Too many glitches

you can also use any browser and connect to xfinity.com - sign in and go to account. 

disankey
Frequent Visitor

Hello and thanks for your reply.  Unfortunately, I do not see a link to post publicly if you wish to give mne steps to do so I will.  

As for the issue, After 2 days of very long phone calls and multiple people on the customer service line I found someone who knew what they were doing and in 10 min they resolved the issue with me