Community Forum

Can't Make Payment on App

New Poster

Can't Make Payment on App

Ever since the last update to the Xfinity Account app I click Make Payment and it goes to a blank screen.
Problem Solver

Re: Can't Make Payment on App

What make/model device do you have?  Have you tried uninstalling and re-installing the app?  Are you able to do other things with the app?

Joe V
(not a Comcast employee, just another paying customer)
New Poster

Same issue. I uninstalled and reinstalled and i get a white screen when i tap make a payment.
Problem Solver

Yes, on my Droid Turbo 2, the Xfinity My Account app (v1.40.1.2019...) apparently has a bug when selecting 'Make a payment'.  It goes to a blank screen.  We all need to send feedback to the app developers at xfinity_tvapp@comcast.com.  It was last updated May 23, 2019.

Joe V
New Poster

I still can not make a payment either. I have the same problem.
Silver Problem Solver

Are you using the same credentials you use to log into My Account?

https://customer.xfinity.com/#/settings/security#username-password

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

Same credentials and everything. Its an issue with the app.
Problem Solver

Received responses to my emails to the app developers at Xfinity_TVApp@Comcast.com:

"Thank you for reaching out to us. We apologize for the inconvenience with the My Account app. We are aware of the issue and we are working on it. Please use the xfinity.com website to make payments. "

Joe V
Official Employee

Hello all, thanks for reaching out to our Forums! I apologize for any inconvenience or frustration this app issue may be causing and we truly appreciate your patience while we work to get this corrected. Just to confirm, are any of you having any issues when trying to make a payment through the My Account website, Xfinity.com/myaccount? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hello all, I have not heard back from anyone on this thread, but this is still a known issue and we are working to get it corrected. As suggested, please use the My Account website, Xfinity.com/myaccount to make payments in the meantime. Thanks and we truly appreciate your patience with this matter. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Problem Solver

Well, there is a new version (1.40.2.20190613155839) of the Xfinity My Account app and after downloading, installing and opening it, the problem persisted. After logging in, clicking on 'Make a payment' goes to a 'white' sceen and stays until hitting the back key.

Update: I uninstalled the app and reinstalled it from the Play Store. This time the 'Make a payment' DOES WORK and gets past the white screen to allow me to make a payment. It is resolved with this new version, however, users might have to clear cache or uninstall/install the new version cleanly.

Joe V
New Poster

Having a blank page when trying to pay my bill through the app for 2 months now. What is going on?
Problem Solver

@KJROJO  What make/model device are you having the issue on?

Have you done any of the steps provided?

Joe V
Official Employee

Hello, KJROJO - Do you have an Android phone? 

New Poster

No pay.png

@ComcastAmira wrote:

Hello all, I have not heard back from anyone on this thread, but this is still a known issue and we are working to get it corrected. As suggested, please use the My Account website, Xfinity.com/myaccount to make payments in the meantime. Thanks and we truly appreciate your patience with this matter. 

This is on a PC on Xfinity.com/myaccount. Still same issue.

New Poster

I have a fix if you are on PC. Go to address bar edit out new.

New Poster

I'm unable to make a payment on both the mobile app (android) and through xfinity.com (web browser). It lets me see my bill but when I click "make a payment" it just stalls out. The app just spins and the browser goes blank. I let it sit for several minutes while I did other things and when I came back to it, it's still not loading.

Silver Problem Solver

Did anyone try this?

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Xfinity-My-Account-App/Bill-Pay-not-working/m-p/3265682#M2494

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!