Community Forum

App doesn't work on android

Highlighted
New Poster

App doesn't work on android

I have this app on both android and iPhone. I can log in fine on the iPhone, but not on the android. I enter the login info, and it says "We're sorry, we weren't able to connect. Please try again". I've been trying for months, and have never been able to log in. I know the login is correct because it works on iOS. Any suggestions???
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Android App Error: "We're sorry, we weren't able to connect. Please try again."

I have the exact same issue. I can use the iOS app, but not the android.
Highlighted
Expert

Re: App doesn't work on android

@Rob102080 wrote:
I have this app on both android and iPhone. I can log in fine on the iPhone, but not on the android. I enter the login info, and it says "We're sorry, we weren't able to connect. Please try again". I've been trying for months, and have never been able to log in. I know the login is correct because it works on iOS. Any suggestions???

uninstall the app from the android device and clear the devices cache and power it completely down for 2-3 minutes. re-add the app and sign in. working?

edit: combined your cross-posts.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

This is the same thing happening for me. Did you ever find an answer for getting it to work on android phones?
Highlighted
Expert

@Slayer832 wrote:
This is the same thing happening for me. Did you ever find an answer for getting it to work on android phones?

uninstall the app from the android device and clear the devices cache and power it completely down for 2-3 minutes. re-add the app and sign in. working?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
New Poster

I tried that and it still doesn't work. It is very annoying.
Highlighted
Expert

@Slayer832 wrote:
I tried that and it still doesn't work. It is very annoying.

go to xfinity.com and sign in. go to accounts, then users, and then create a new username under your account. use that username/password to sign in on the android. working?

Highlighted
New Poster

The new user worked but now need to figure out why the other one doesn't.
Highlighted
Expert

@Slayer832 wrote:
The new user worked but now need to figure out why the other one doesn't.

it is a problem that the billing department can fix, but may need to wait until the pandemic subsides and there are employees back at work at Comcast call centers. When you can reach the billing department ask them to separate your original username (email) from old accounts and have it connected only to your new address/account number.