Community Forum

App Does Not Send Name of TV Box When Selecting "Send Name to TV" Under Devices

Highlighted
Contributor

App Does Not Send Name of TV Box When Selecting "Send Name to TV" Under Devices

I recently had X1 service added to my existing internet service. When using the "My Account App" it will not send the name of my set-top box to my TV when selecting "Identify this box" which is printed in blue right below my devices name.  For example, my Living Room box indicates it's connected with a green dot next to "Connected".  But when I select the blue "Identify this box" and then "Send Name to TV", the app looks like it's responding but nothing happens and no message is sent to my TV.  It also doesn't send the name of my set-top box associated with the master bedroom TV as well. 

 

It did work the first day I had the X1 service installed but no longer.  I removed the app and reinstalled it but still no luck.

 

Is there an issue with the app I'm not aware of. 

Official Employee

Re: App Does Not Send Name of TV Box When Selecting "Send Name to TV" Under Devices

Hi hbwone, 

 

Sorry for the issue you're having while trying to identify the names of your boxes. We are not aware of any known issues with this feature. I would like to research this issue further. I'd like to start off by reviewing the account on the backend to see if I can identify what's causing your problem. If necessary, I can have this issue escalated to my app team. 

 

In order assist you, please send me a private message verifying your first and last name, the phone number, street address including city state and zip code, and the account number associated with your services.

 

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.

Contributor

Re: App Does Not Send Name of TV Box When Selecting "Send Name to TV" Under Devices

Hi ComcastChe,

 

Thanks for your response. I sent you the requested account information. 

 

I tried sending the set-top boxes names to both of my TV's again this evening but nothing displays on the TV's.  The app is showing both boxes are connected and I have no problems with actual operation of the X1 platform. 

 

Thanks for your help on this.

Expert

Re: App Does Not Send Name of TV Box When Selecting "Send Name to TV" Under Devices


hbwone wrote:

Hi ComcastChe,

 

Thanks for your response. I sent you the requested account information. 

 

I tried sending the set-top boxes names to both of my TV's again this evening but nothing displays on the TV's.  The app is showing both boxes are connected and I have no problems with actual operation of the X1 platform. 

 

Thanks for your help on this.


just curious did you use the Xfinity TV Remote app? gear(settings) > edit devices > (pick an X1 device) > and select TEST (this TV). the name selected in the app instantly appears in upper right of the TV.


I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Contributor

Re: App Does Not Send Name of TV Box When Selecting "Send Name to TV" Under Devices

Hi @Rustyben

 

Under >Device Settings  >Device Names  >It indicates the name of my TV.  There is no "Test This TV"  selection.

Contributor

Re: App Does Not Send Name of TV Box When Selecting "Send Name to TV" Under Devices


ComcastChe wrote:

Hi hbwone, 

 

Sorry for the issue you're having while trying to identify the names of your boxes. We are not aware of any known issues with this feature. I would like to research this issue further. I'd like to start off by reviewing the account on the backend to see if I can identify what's causing your problem. If necessary, I can have this issue escalated to my app team. 

 

In order assist you, please send me a private message verifying your first and last name, the phone number, street address including city state and zip code, and the account number associated with your services.

 

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.


I stumbled across a fix.  Under >Settings >Preferences >Noitifications  >XFinity Voice  was turned off because I didn't like incoming phone calls poping up on the screen everytime someone called my phone.  When I turned it back on, the box name now appears up on my TV when I send the set top box's name via the Xfinity Connect App. 

 

So anyone having this issue should check to see if the Xfinity Voice notification is turned off and reset it to on.  

Expert

Re: App Does Not Send Name of TV Box When Selecting "Send Name to TV" Under Devices


hbwone wrote:

Hi @Rustyben

 

Under >Device Settings  >Device Names  >It indicates the name of my TV.  There is no "Test This TV"  selection.


touch the ">" pointer to see the next screen with the test.


I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Contributor

Re: App Does Not Send Name of TV Box When Selecting "Send Name to TV" Under Devices


Rustyben wrote:

hbwone wrote:

Hi @Rustyben

 

Under >Device Settings  >Device Names  >It indicates the name of my TV.  There is no "Test This TV"  selection.


touch the ">" pointer to see the next screen with the test.


I tried touching/pushing the silver > or right arrow button but nothing changes. Just sits there showing my Device name in blue.  ??

Expert

Re: App Does Not Send Name of TV Box When Selecting "Send Name to TV" Under Devices


hbwone wrote:

Rustyben wrote:

hbwone wrote:

Hi @Rustyben

 

Under >Device Settings  >Device Names  >It indicates the name of my TV.  There is no "Test This TV"  selection.


touch the ">" pointer to see the next screen with the test.


I tried touching/pushing the silver > or right arrow button but nothing changes. Just sits there showing my Device name in blue.  ??


the directions are  for the app. you press the ">" on the face of your smart device to the right of the name.


I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Contributor

Re: App Does Not Send Name of TV Box When Selecting "Send Name to TV" Under Devices


Rustyben wrote:

hbwone wrote:

Rustyben wrote:

hbwone wrote:

Hi @Rustyben

 

Under >Device Settings  >Device Names  >It indicates the name of my TV.  There is no "Test This TV"  selection.


touch the ">" pointer to see the next screen with the test.


I tried touching/pushing the silver > or right arrow button but nothing changes. Just sits there showing my Device name in blue.  ??


the directions are  for the app. you press the ">" on the face of your smart device to the right of the name.


Oh, I already know that.  On my Android device you select "TV" >Family Room > Then below the picture of the device in blue print it says "Identify this box".  Then a white box pops up saying "Identify this set-top box by sending the name to your TV".  Then touch "Send Name to TV" in blue print. 

 

As I stated above, the TV will not show the set-top box name unless the "Xfintiy Voice" notification is set to "ON" under "Preferences" on the TV.  If it's off, no message is sent to the TV.

Official Employee

Re: App Does Not Send Name of TV Box When Selecting "Send Name to TV" Under Devices

hbwone, 

 

Thanks for letting us know you found the answer to your problem, and for sharing what helped you, for others in case they have this issue.