Community Forum

Account change

New Poster

Account change

Customer service is horrible; I called to put my wife on the account so she could make service changes- apparently, Comcast has the wrong Social Security number on the account and won't let me make change over the phone. I have to go to a service center (closest is 20 miles away); now I have had Comcast for over 20 years, and paid over $30000 in that time, and it has never been an issue. The reason I want her on the account is I DON"T HAVE TIME TO DEAL WITH IT!  When will they learn this is why they are losing customers to internet tv/sports/movies? Of course, what they charge is ridiculous also.

Expert

Re: Account change

rgking58 wrote:

Customer service is horrible; I called to put my wife on the account so she could make service changes- apparently, Comcast has the wrong Social Security number on the account and won't let me make change over the phone. I have to go to a service center (closest is 20 miles away); now I have had Comcast for over 20 years, and paid over $30000 in that time, and it has never been an issue. The reason I want her on the account is I DON"T HAVE TIME TO DEAL WITH IT!  When will they learn this is why they are losing customers to internet tv/sports/movies? Of course, what they charge is ridiculous also.

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread or via Private Message from a Comcast Official Employee.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Official Employee

Re: Account change

Hi, rgking58 - In order to change the SSN on the account you will have to visit the XFINITY store and show a valid photo ID with the SSN card. My apologies for the inconvenience but this is all about the security. At the same time, if you have any billing questions, you can send me a private message with your account information and I can assist.