Community Forum

xfinity mobile credits - please help!!!!

Frequent Visitor

xfinity mobile credits - please help!!!!

hi there,

i have $206.57 in credits on my xfinity mobile account and have been using it to offset my monthly bill payments. I called xfinity on Dec 4 to explain that my company will be posting me out of country for good in Feb 2019 and discussed if there are ways for me to use my remaining credit since i won't be back in the USA nor will I require my mobile service. After a lengthy conversation and escalation to his supervisor, he informed me that i can use my credits to offset the purchase of accessories and devices on xfinity mobile.

I ordered and paid for an iphone XR on Dec 25 but was surprised to see the full amount charged without the credit applied. I subsequently called customer service again today (Dec 26) to explain my situation and the nice lady referred me to another department to address my problem. I received a call-back from that department (i suppose it was billing) and i had to explain my issue all over again. The person i spoke to eventually could not decide and transferred me to his supervisor. I repeated my situation again (at this point i was getting alittle upset having to repeat myself) but i was told that the credits cannot be used for anything else than to offset my monthly bill payments. This came as a huge shock to me and it was contrary to everything that i was told before. She even said that there was a note on my account which said that my credits can be used for purchasing accessories (but not devices) and when i clarified if i can use it to buy accessories online then she contradicted herself but saying that i could try to do so but she couldn't guarantee that the credits would be applied! If that is the case, why was there even a note saying that i can in the first place?

Now that i have paid the full price for a new iphone XR, i am not only inconvenienced to have to return the set to get a refund, my situation on my credits is back to square one. I have explained that i just wanted a solution to utilize my remaining credit since i will be closing my account permanently once i leave the country (it makes no sense to keep it open so that the credits don't disappear) and that if i can't do so, the credits will be still in my account forever (xfinity will still have to maintain my account even though it will be inactive). I am surprised how inflexible xfinity is, and i am hoping that we can come to a compromise in dealing with my unique situation.

I was also told that although if there is no usage on my account (i am paying for data use by the Gig), there will still be tax, fees and other charges ($1.22 per month). I calculated that will take approximately 169 months (or just over 14yrs) to completely exhaust my credits based on this amount, and then will i be able to close my account. I sincerely hope it will not result to this scenario and that someone sensible can reach out to me with a feasible solution. Thanks for reading this long post....it's just so frustrating...

Expert

Re: xfinity mobile credits - please help!!!!

Your issue has been escalated to the Comcast Team available to the Forums. A member of that team will reply to your post as quickly as they are able, so check back often.

In the meantime, please do not send a PM to an Official Employee unless requested because it is against Forum Guidelines.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

@Again wrote:

Your issue has been escalated to the Comcast Team available to the Forums. A member of that team will reply to your post as quickly as they are able, so check back often.

In the meantime, please do not send a PM to an Official Employee unless requested because it is against Forum Guidelines.

thanks, i hope they contact me ASAP...i'll be out of country for a month in Jan and by the time i get back in Feb, i'll be preparing to move out of the US for good.

Official Employee

Hi Jermy76, thank you for reaching out.  I would like to review any ticket and notes on my side and take a look at this further; could you please send me a private message with your full name to get started?

Thank you 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

Thanks, already sent on Dec 30

Frequent Visitor

Terrible customer services, no updates received at all.  My refund of a returned iphone has not been processed as well even though it was received by xfinity on Jan 5.

Any advice on how I can escalate this issue?

Official Employee

Hi Jermy76, I have responded to your private message.

Thank you 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hi Jermy76, I haven't heard back from you but please reach back out if you still need assistance.

Thank you