Community Forum

xfinity mobile billing

New Poster

xfinity mobile billing

i'm a long term comcast customer. I just tried to pay cash for a new cell phone on my existing comcast account but clerk said payment had to be by credit card as well as the monthly service had to be auto pay on card as well. this was contrary to what i was told that service would be on my regular comcast bill.   WHY?? 

Official Employee

Re: xfinity mobile billing

TIMKEREN63VIXK, thanks for taking the time to reach out on the forums regarding your concern on the XFINITY Mobile payment methods. XFINITY Mobile's main goal is to make services and the mobile experience easy. This is why all monthly payments are done by autopay--so you don't have to worry about keeping track of when a payment is due and you don't have to worry about any interruptions in service. 

From my experience, existing customers with device payments do have to be made with the card on file. You also have the option to load a prepaid card with whatever funds you want and then use that card to make the payment.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!