Community Forum

worst signal compared to other provider

New Poster

worst signal compared to other provider

The Xfinity mobile has poor signal around my home and totally no service at my work place. The worst part is that Xfinity does not have wifi calling! I regret spending $800 on the Xfinity phone and wonder how I can get out of the contract. 

Regular Contributor

Re: worst signal compared to other provider

has  long has  its not pass your 30 day  return  you  can pack up  your phone  and  return it    but be for  you  do i  would make  a  video  and take photos  all so  you need too  call and  get  a  RMA  #  and wright  it  down   i would all so  take a photo     

Official Employee

yzy, I'm sorry to hear we do not cover where you live. We are working on getting WiFi calling for our customers. 

While you do not have a contract on your plan, if you are making payments on your phone, that will continue until the device is paid off.

Contributor

It's the same as Verizon so if Verizon is bad where you live then XM will be the same.
New Poster

The ad: millions of wifi hot spots. The fact: no wifi calling. Facetious!

Frequent Visitor

my wife still has actual Verizon account/service,  We've never seen ANY difference in signal strength between her phone and my XM/Verizon phone - this includes traveling to various parts of the country.

Contributor

eeferber wrote:

my wife still has actual Verizon account/service,  We've never seen ANY difference in signal strength between her phone and my XM/Verizon phone - this includes traveling to various parts of the country.

I agree.  Same experience for me.

Official Employee

Thanks for your input eeferber and NEWcam30era. With all carriers, coverage varies from customer to customer based on their proximity to the nearest tower. Some will have better coverage than others so we're working on adding features to close the gap. 

New Poster

You are NOT working on anything. Wifi calling is not available. Your early marketing made (my guess) at least 20% of users believe you offered wifi calling. You won't offer it anytime soon, as Comcast hates rural America. 

Contributor

Coverage and performance is NOT as good as Verizon. XM has a different roaming partner list and does not work as well in rural areas. On LTE latency is worse than Verizon. Not the same- worse in both regards.
Contributor

I have both carriers and never see a signal difference even in rural areas. As far as latency performance I couldn't tell you.
New Poster

How does the proximity to the nearest tower have anything to do with this with the Verizon APN is routing my traffic, which originates in San Francisco, to a tower in Kansas?

I read another user has his traffic, which originates in Seattle, to a tower in Chicago?

Is the coverage based on the distance from the nearest tower geographically or the distance from the tower to which the data is being routed?