Community Forum

wifi calling with xfinity mobile

New Poster

wifi calling with xfinity mobile

I understand that at present, Xfinity Mobile does not allow wifi calling but it may in the future. Just wanted to state that XM is a no go for me until they get it. Lot's of others want it also. Get with it, XM! If you want to be a major player, you need to have it.

Official Employee

Re: wifi calling with xfinity mobile

jhook46, We're working on it! 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Any idea when it MAY be available?  Seems like something so basic shouldnt be a problem, considering all the competition offers it.  Lower price means nothing if basic functnality is missing.

Bronze Problem Solver

@Philly5sai wrote:

Any idea when it MAY be available?  Seems like something so basic shouldnt be a problem, considering all the competition offers it.  Lower price means nothing if basic functnality is missing.

Its possible verizon isn't allowing the feature to keep customers from leaving

Official Employee

Philly5sai, we have system limitations that prevent us from offering that feature at this time. Once that is resolved, we will be able to provide it. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

I have lousy cell service at my house location but the Verizon Wi-Fi calling feature makes my IPhone reception flawless. Until xfinity wireless enables Wi-Fi calling, switching from Verizon is a non-starter. Our iPhones would be worthless at home under Xfinity cell only service regardless of the great prices.
Official Employee

I have lousy cell service at my house location but the Verizon Wi-Fi calling feature makes my IPhone reception flawless. Until xfinity wireless enables Wi-Fi calling, switching from Verizon is a non-starter. Our iPhones would be worthless at home under Xfinity cell only service regardless of the great prices.

TY909MILLER, due to system limitations, we don't offer WiFi calling at this time. We hope to bring this about soon. 

New Poster

This needs to hurry up man.  Frustrating that i cannot make or receive calls/texts at work.  About to switch back to another carrier.

Official Employee

This needs to hurry up man.  Frustrating that i cannot make or receive calls/texts at work.  About to switch back to another carrier.

crodz13, we'd hate to lose you as a customer. We hope to have this feature soon. 

New Poster

Yeah- this feature (Wifi Calling) has become rather essential.  My xfinity wifi is terrific.  Verizon coverage in my house is spotty.  

So, I'll switch to you... when you get this feature working.

keep us posted.  "we're working on it" could mean 3 years from now. 

Official Employee

I understand. I'm sure we'll have a thread about it once we get a date. 

KenF

Highlighted
New Poster

thank you.  can we all get a credit for our troubles?  That would be great.  

New Poster

Same boat here.

When subscribing, I was told WiFi calling was supported, turns out it is not...

I have a very spotty network at work, desppite the fact that I live in a dense area that is covered according to the map.

Would love to stay as XM is very competitive with other offers, but no network + no WiFi calling kind of bad (no need to pay for that).

Contributor

I have a simliar issue but its at my home that I have spotty reception.  Since their launch if I am not mistaken they have not changed or added anything. I know it has not been long but so far nothing. No improved ping times, No wifi calling, and no BYOD. 

Pros:

The price

The price

The price

Cons:

Ping times

wifi calling

NO BYOD

Customer service 

Problem Solver

Add to the "Pros" side the support from @ComcastKen....

New Poster

I had horrible customer service with Xfinity Mobile! Not only could I not get service in my home, they also could not make available a cell phone booster for free! Also where I did have service, I could not even dial 411 directory assistance! I paid off my phone and switched to Sprint!
Official Employee

I have a simliar issue but its at my home that I have spotty reception.  Since their launch if I am not mistaken they have not changed or added anything. I know it has not been long but so far nothing. No improved ping times, No wifi calling, and no BYOD. 

Pros:

The price

The price

The price

Cons:

Ping times

wifi calling

NO BYOD

Customer service 

jrose78, due to contractual limitations, we are not offering WiFi calling at this time. We hope to do so in the future. 

As for BYOD, we are currently rolling out trials for BYOD in select XFINITY Mobile locations on specific devices. 

Marshd1000, we do no support booster or cell extenders at this time. Sorry to hear we've lost you as a customer. 

KenF

Frequent Visitor

I am pretty happy with the service, but when I ordered it some of the advertising seemed to indicate that wifi calling was available. Since I had Verizon and I knew that verizon service was basically useless at my home with out the wifi calling. Verizon had to provide me with a $250 network extender that ran off of my comcast wifi. It never worked very well. It wasn't until wifi calling was supported by verizon that I had descent service at home.  I most likely would not have moved at the time if I realized that wifi calling was not available. Fortunately, the iPhone 8s that I purchased have been able to work with the verizon signal somewhat better then the iphone 6s that I previously had. In any case, wifi calling is really a must. 

New Poster

ComcastKenF, if it is a contractual limitation, does it mean it no more is a technical issue as we were initially told?

Also, I guess that by contractual limitation, you mean the contract binding Xfinity mobile and Verizon bans Xfinity mobile from providing wifi calling to its customers? If it is so, I am really desapointed that I was told wifi calling was supported when I joined when it was contractually impossible... I guess I am switching back to T-mobile then.

Official Employee

ComcastKenF, if it is a contractual limitation, does it mean it no more is a technical issue as we were initially told?

Also, I guess that by contractual limitation, you mean the contract binding Xfinity mobile and Verizon bans Xfinity mobile from providing wifi calling to its customers? If it is so, I am really desapointed that I was told wifi calling was supported when I joined when it was contractually impossible... I guess I am switching back to T-mobile then.

It is a system limitation that is pending a contractual obligation. We are working to bring this feature to our customers. I do not know when it will be released.

Tags (1)
Frequent Visitor

I returned my phone after 6 days. I live in a condo and had to go outside to make phone calls due to no wifi calling. Now I have a pixel XL 2. So I'll have to wait for wifi calling and byod because pixel is way better than Samsung or apple phones.