Community Forum

when to 'switch-to' UNLIMITED -- anytime is typical reply -- BUT some say differently

Regular Contributor

when to 'switch-to' UNLIMITED -- anytime is typical reply -- BUT some say differently

Just had XM charge Credit Card on 11-26-17.

Told my "billing cycle" is near the 7th of the month to the 6th of the next month... makes sense because phone was delivered and activated around the 7th & cycle runs for 30 days, so the 6th the following month sounds correct as well .

Read that we could be on 'by-the-gig' ($12) plan AND use 10gb in a given cycle, then before cycle ends UPGRADE to 'unlimited' there-by REDUCING the $120 bill to only $45... I know comcast all-to-well & just can't see them doing this, the opposite maybe.

Does anyone know this 'reduction' in the "11th hour" to be true ?

Think XM 'gets-you' by forcing you to keep $45 plan an extra month or even two... so $90 - $135 to 'make-up-for' the $108 you 'got-away-with' when you used 10gb... $ amounts not perfect, I know (2nd $45-$12=$33 so $90-$12=$78 & $135-$24=$111) ...

What I'm 'afraid-of' happening is upgrading 3 days before the 7th and paying $45 for 3 days of unlimited !!!

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: when to 'switch-to' UNLIMITED -- anytime is typical reply -- BUT some say differently

Boy, the overwhelming lack of input from Offical Comcast Employees when a Customer seeks to spend almost 4 times more for service, IS ODD INDEED...

One has to wonder why a Customer's offer and/or request concerning EXTRA INCOME for their company would 'fall-on'  deaf eyes.

Then where's the PR aspect of "NON-SUPPORT", not only towards the Customer but to the detriment of the Company !

What would the executives or stockholders say, if they ever 'found-out' ?

Give reps a raise or fire them 'on-the-spot' ???