Community Forum

upgrading

New Poster

upgrading

I transferred from Verizon to Xfinity a few weeks ago.  No problems there.  I considered buying Iphone X at the same time and said I would wait.  Just went back to the Xfinity store to upgrade from IPhone 6 to X and I am told that they can't do (for now) because I am maxed out with 5 users and the upgrade is considered a 6th line.  Supposedly this will be fixed.  So 1) when will this be fixed; and 2) is there a way to work around it pending the fix?  Had I known this, I would have seriously considered buying the new phone right away. 

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: upgrading

@cocrowwrote:

I transferred from Verizon to Xfinity a few weeks ago.  No problems there.  I considered buying Iphone X at the same time and said I would wait.  Just went back to the Xfinity store to upgrade from IPhone 6 to X and I am told that they can't do (for now) because I am maxed out with 5 users and the upgrade is considered a 6th line.  Supposedly this will be fixed.  So 1) when will this be fixed; and 2) is there a way to work around it pending the fix?  Had I known this, I would have seriously considered buying the new phone right away. 

If your not going to use the old phone, just say it was lost

https://www.xfinity.com/mobile/support/article/221704628/what-do-i-do-if-my-phone-is-lost-or-stolen

Official Employee

Re: upgrading

Hello cocrow, I can look into this for you. These issue are handled by our tier 2 team, and if you have already been in contact with us about this concern then I am sure we are already in the process of getting this issue resolved. Please send me a private message with your full name, street address, phone number, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me" so that I can check into this for you.