Community Forum

upgrade to UNLIMITED

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

upgrade to UNLIMITED

Version:1.0 StartHTML:000000263 EndHTML:000021745 StartFragment:000019645 EndFragment:000021572 StartSelection:000019645 EndSelection:000021568 SourceURL:http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/outbox/notes-view-mode/single/note-id/329536... Messages - Xfinity Help and Support Forums

Would ANYONE mind 'fielding' my question(s) below...

The BIG 'thing' is... I can see 'getting-hit-with' a $45 charge for only 2 or 3 days IF the 'switch-to' UNLIMITED happens on 12-5-17 and NOT on 12-7*17...

Also, is below true about 'switching' a day BEFORE "cycle-date" to avoid the $120 for 10gb (assuming that amount of Data is used) ... ?

P.S. - I've found the "TV GO" channels starting at Ch. 1402 since discussing "out of home" vs. "in-home" on Forum...

Since the purpose of upgrading to UNLIMITED (more of a temp. 'switch-to') is to TEST the Steaming App. in Florida to see how many of MY CHANNELS (my normally viewed) are allowed "OUT OF HOUSE" (via strong Cellular connection ONLY) for a 'short-stay'.

My thought was... make the switch in the current CYCLE 'so-as-to' be able to switch back in the next CYCLE. There are mamy posts about this and not one is clear (for me)... the general 'take' is -- "one switch per CYCLE"... while the post about using 10gb ($120 worth) AND then switching right before the next CYCLE, 'there-by' oweing only $45 'vis-a-vie' UNLIMITED for those 10gb sounds GREAT, except for it doesn't sound like the comcast I know... a cold day in ...

Have a feeling I will hear the following -- I can't 'switch back' until Jan. 7 or later if my 1st 'switch' is before Dec. 6... NOT A MATTER OF 'LIFE & DEATH', just would like to know if my TEST will cost $45 or $90 or MORE ? After all I did ask for a LIST OF "OUT OF HOUSE" CHANNELS & TIER 2 DID NOT PROVIDE... COMCAST DOESN'T HAVE OR DOESN'T KNOW... HOW LAME...

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: upgrade to UNLIMITED

@HarryDemers wrote:

Version:1.0 StartHTML:000000263 EndHTML:000021745 StartFragment:000019645 EndFragment:000021572 StartSelection:000019645 EndSelection:000021568 SourceURL:http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/outbox/notes-view-mode/single/note-id/329536... Messages - Xfinity Help and Support Forums

Would ANYONE mind 'fielding' my question(s) below...

The BIG 'thing' is... I can see 'getting-hit-with' a $45 charge for only 2 or 3 days IF the 'switch-to' UNLIMITED happens on 12-5-17 and NOT on 12-7*17...

Also, is below true about 'switching' a day BEFORE "cycle-date" to avoid the $120 for 10gb (assuming that amount of Data is used) ... ?

P.S. - I've found the "TV GO" channels starting at Ch. 1402 since discussing "out of home" vs. "in-home" on Forum...

Since the purpose of upgrading to UNLIMITED (more of a temp. 'switch-to') is to TEST the Steaming App. in Florida to see how many of MY CHANNELS (my normally viewed) are allowed "OUT OF HOUSE" (via strong Cellular connection ONLY) for a 'short-stay'.

My thought was... make the switch in the current CYCLE 'so-as-to' be able to switch back in the next CYCLE. There are mamy posts about this and not one is clear (for me)... the general 'take' is -- "one switch per CYCLE"... while the post about using 10gb ($120 worth) AND then switching right before the next CYCLE, 'there-by' oweing only $45 'vis-a-vie' UNLIMITED for those 10gb sounds GREAT, except for it doesn't sound like the comcast I know... a cold day in ...

Have a feeling I will hear the following -- I can't 'switch back' until Jan. 7 or later if my 1st 'switch' is before Dec. 6... NOT A MATTER OF 'LIFE & DEATH', just would like to know if my TEST will cost $45 or $90 or MORE ? After all I did ask for a LIST OF "OUT OF HOUSE" CHANNELS & TIER 2 DID NOT PROVIDE... COMCAST DOESN'T HAVE OR DOESN'T KNOW... HOW LAME...

You don't need "to TEST the Steaming App. in Florida to see how many of MY CHANNELS (my normally viewed) are allowed "OUT OF HOUSE"". In the app just select "TV Go Channels" under the "LiveTV" menu The list presented will be the tv go channels you can watch off your home network or as you put it "OUT OF HOUSE". All the numbered channels are not viewable "OUT OF HOUSE".

As per your other question, changing to unlimited would cost you 2 x $45. This has been shown in the forum to be the case.

Source - http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Xfinity-Mobile/Beware-Unlimited-Plan-two-month-minimum/m-p/3008547#M614...

Problem Solver

Re: upgrade to UNLIMITED

Confirming that if you switch to Unlimited Plan, you are commited for 2 billing cycles.