Regular Visitor

unable to port my xfinity mobile number out to another carrier

I am trying to port my number out of Xfinity mobile

they dont make it easy.

1st their porting server was down at night

then i opened a case and they said the server had "planned maintenence"

then I tried porting next day morning , it says "port failed"

All the info was entered correctly including acct no ,  pin , phone 

I called the target carrier(speedtalk) and they said problem is at Xfinity end and they are not releasing the number

When I call xfinity mobile support , they say they have nothing to do with it and the responsibility rests with the target carrier to port the number.

Bottom-line I am running pillar to post and wondering whether I should move all my lines to XFINITY Mobile it i's a one way street 

Accepted Solutions
Regular Visitor

Re: unable to port my xfinity mobile number out to another carrier

The port was not completing bcos xfinity gave me a wrong or incomplete acct no to do the porting
It was frustrating to sort this out with the 2 carries who kept pointing finger at each other
It is complete now

All Replies
Official Employee

smandar, I'm sorry to hear you're leaving XFINITY Mobile. I can look into your port out issues. Please send me a private message with your full name, address, and phone number tied to your residential services for help.

Regular Visitor

The port was not completing bcos xfinity gave me a wrong or incomplete acct no to do the porting
It was frustrating to sort this out with the 2 carries who kept pointing finger at each other
It is complete now
Official Employee

OK, I see. Sorry for that experience but I'm glad it was resolved. Post again if you need anything else. 

KenF