Community Forum

pie issue

New Poster

pie issue

this is not a ? this info that i recieved from Samsung support. I recently was sent to a UBREAKWEFIX

store with my S10+ and my wifes phone that recently got the the pie update. they call it a system refresh. this not work at all. So this morning there is something head our way i recieve an update notice on my S10+ securety ptch update. so samsung is working on it. But i am upset about the way customer care is handling this issue when it comes to us saving money using wifi and data.

i cant not believe the all customers are happy for paying extra for data used by mms., witch

is what we all have to do now. before i got my S10+ my bill for both of my s8+ was $3.00 a month becuase i stayed in WIFI. got over charge by one month so i had no bill. But now forced to use data and getting charge for it.  The agent i spoke to was so unprofessional getting into how much data my wife uses saying that we dont have to be credited for data useage because it does not warrent a credit. so that being said, i will keep calling them untill this promblem is fixed.

New Poster

Re: pie issue

I'm having the same problem.  phone does not automatically hook up to xfinity wifi anymore - I can't even do it manually AND I can't get mms messages while in wifi mode.  I can't believe that they would just change this major feature of the service without even telling us or warning us.  just got the update and now I can't even figure out how to use my phone.................really upsetting.  The whole reason I quit sprint and went with Xfinity was to save money using primarily WIFI

New Poster

Re: pie issue

I fixed this issue by enabling phone permissions for the carrier login app and wifi calling app then making sure wifi calling was enabled. I'm pretty strict on permissions so my mms stopped going without these apps having phone permissions but it is needed for sending/receiving mms messages via wifi. This resolved my issue and now I am able to send mms with wifi in my Samsung messages app with all recent updates applied. Xfinity mobile is not trying to jack your bill. MMS messages are included with your free calling/text messages service