Community Forum

new cell phone

New Poster

new cell phone

Would like to change my cell phone service over to Xfinity.  The only reason I am holding off is why can't the mobile phone be billed on the same statement  with all our other services?  Will it ever all be on one?

Official Employee

Re: new cell phone

nunz1954, I am hoping this will be done in the future, but we do not have our mobile service combined with your residential bill at this time. 

KenF

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

My guess is it has to be separate because mobile needs to be autopay monthly via a credit card, but your tv/internet you can pay after you receive the invoice..online, in person, or usps/check.

I'm not sure if that is standard for mobile services (excluding pay as you go types.)  I used Virgin Mobile in the past which had to be autopay. 

Official Employee

cggo, good point! Our Mobile service does require autopayment enrollment. Our residential services do not. 

As a bonus, as a perk if you're an XFINITY internet customer, you receive a $10 monthly credit. If you aren't an XFINITY internet customer, you would not get that credit. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Contributor

@ComcastKenF wrote:

cggo, good point! Our Mobile service does require autopayment enrollment. Our residential services do not. 

As a bonus, as a perk if you're an XFINITY internet customer, you receive a $10 monthly credit. If you aren't an XFINITY internet customer, you would not get that credit. 

Ok, I totally missed that perk!  Is that something that shows up on your residential service invoice?  I didn't see anything on my recent residentail invoice but that might be because my mobile service was only 14 days old at the time.  My residential billing was 9/14/2017 and I started mobile 8/31.

Official Employee

Good question, cggo. It actually shows up as a credit on your XFINITY Mobile bill, not your residential one. 

Contributor

@ComcastKenF wrote:

Good question, cggo. It actually shows up as a credit on your XFINITY Mobile bill, not your residential one. 

Hmm. No credit there either. My mobile statement ended 9/30 and all I had due was the tax/fees charge of $2.15 because I stayed under 100mb.

Is the $10 credit for unlimited plan only maybe?

Official Employee

Nope it's for everyone. 

On your bill it'll look like you are being charged $10 for a line fee and then you should see a credit of $10 for being an internet customer. That would bring your bill to $0 +taxes+phone cost if you're paying off your phone. 

It would resemble something like this:

$10 line fee

$taxes 

$Phone cost

Total: $0 + phone cost and taxes. 

Customer who don't have internet with us would have a charge of:

$10 line fee

$10 per gig

taxes

phone cost

Total: $10+phone cost and taxes. 

Hope that make sense. 

KenF

Regular Contributor

Interesting, mine  shows no line charge or credit. The is a mobile adjustment on my regular bill of $1.40 with no real explanation.

Contributor

Thank you. This is my statement. I don't have any line fee charges. Maybe it only applies if you go over the free limit ($12 gb charge) or if you financed the phone?   (I bought the $1 xCharge, paid in full.).  Not that it matters a whole lot, my bill would be the same since the line fee & credit would just cancel out, just curious! Thanks.

Sep 1 - Sep 30th, 2017

DATA
By the Gig: 0.1 GB
100 MB of shared data included
$0.00
[my name]
0.1 GB
[my phone number]

Every month starts with 100 MB of free data, automatically.

SERVICE & DEVICES
[my name]
[my phone number]
$0.00

Service with unlimited talk & text
Included: 75 Calls | 580 Messages

Taxes, Fees, & Other Charges
$2.15

Taxes, Fees, & Surcharges
Nj 911 System/Emerg.Resp. Fee
$0.90
State Sales Tax
$0.66
Other Charges
Federal Universal Service Fund
$0.52
Regulatory Recovery Fee
$0.07

The Regulatory Recovery Fee (RRF) and Federal Universal Service Fund (FUSF) charge are assessed by Comcast and are neither government mandated nor taxes. The RRF recovers certain federal impositions on Comcast. The FUSF recovers Comcast’s required contribution to that fund.

Total
$2.15

Official Employee

patgeary, I've seen a few customers with this same adjustment. It is a credit for a tax error. 

KenF

Regular Contributor

Thanks Ken! Good to know what it is for.

pat

Official Employee

cggo, your bill looks correct. As you guessed, the $10 credit absorbed the $10 line fee which zeroed itself out. 

patgeary, anytime! 

KenF