Community Forum

network extender

New Poster

network extender

I was with Verizon mobile and switched to Xfinity mobile.  Since Xfinity mobile uses Verizon's infrastructure, I was told I could use my network extender.  At home the network extender has been critical because connections and connection quality were terrible without it.  Now I understand this is, in fact, this is not the case.

I have looked for other solutions like a femtocell device.  Nothing seems available.  (I believe signal boosters are illegal but also way to expensive.) 

When will I be able to use my network extender or similar device?  This is very important for my service.

Thanks.

Official Employee

Re: network extender

Hi dglane, we currently don't have a timeline for when network extenders will be able to be added to your network. Please check back with us later in the year for another update. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Re: network extender

I was wondering if there is a sollution to this issue?  It has been almost a year since this was posted, and I still do not see a good answer to this question.