Community Forum

iPhone voicemail notification delayed by days

New Poster

iPhone voicemail notification delayed by days

Voicemail notifications are intermittently delayed on my iPhone XR. Sometimes only 10-15 minutes delayed (which are bad enough), but sometimes as long as 3 days. Any ideas on how to fix this issue would be appreciated.

Official Employee

Re: iPhone voicemail notification delayed by days

MM32, are you connected to cellular data during these times? The iPhone needs an internet connection (cellular) to process voicemail notifications. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Yes, my cellular data is always on as soon as I wake up until I go to bed. I am also connected to wifi most of the time. The delayed notifications that I have paid attention to have been during times when both cellular data and wifi have been on/available.

Official Employee

Yes, my cellular data is always on as soon as I wake up until I go to bed. I am also connected to wifi most of the time. The delayed notifications that I have paid attention to have been during times when both cellular data and wifi have been on/available.

MM32, appreciate these details. Can you run a test for me a have someone call you while wiFi is off and cellular data is on and have them leave a voicemail. Once that is done, check for the notification shortly after. Can you replicate these steps with cellular data off and Wifi on? Please let me know of the results. 

Ken

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Thanks Ken. I just saw your response and tried the following:

1) With both Cellular and WiFi on (and connected), I left a message for myself. Got it quickly... within a minute. NOTE: This is the configuration where most if not all cases of delayed vm notifications have been happening.

2) With Cellular on and WiFi off, I left a message for myself. Got it quickly... within a minute.

3) With Cellular off but WiFi on (and connected), I left a message for myself. I still haven't received that notification. It's been about 10 minutes.

Having said that, this issue (which has been happening ever since I started service with Xfinity 5 months ago) is intermittent. So it is hard to know definitively if the above results would be consistent if I tried them repeatedly.

Valued Contributor

My guess is that the problem might be with WiFi Calling which only gets used when the network senses that your cellular reception is not real strong and thinks that your WiFi connection is better.. This can vary around your house, especially in a kitchen where large appliances can mess with signal strengths. 

If your cellular strength is reasonable at your home, try turning off WiFi Calling as you don’t really need it. Of course, turn it back on in locations with poor or no cellular service. 

Official Employee

That is good advice, DaveO3. There was a recent iOS update, MM32. Please update your OS if you can and let me know if the notification issues persist. 

Ken