Community Forum

iPhone no longer receiving voicemail notification

New Poster

iPhone no longer receiving voicemail notification

I see others having this same issue...

A month ago, my VM went completely away. A Tech was able to fix the issue by re-creating a mailbox. Since the re-creation, I no longer get VM notifications. I can call manually into my voicemail and retrieve messages, but there's no notification. 

I called support with no luck. They just suggested I call Apple. Given the multiple users with voicemail issues, I don't think it is a device issue. Has anyone had any luck with fixing this problem?

iPhone XS:

Yes, I've reset network settings.

Yes, I've reset the entire phone.

Yes, I've tested on network/WiFi/etc.

New Poster

Re: iPhone no longer receiving voicemail notification

I just upgraded from an iPhone 6 to an iPhone XS and I am having the same problem. All the forums I have been on about this issue state clearly that it is on the carrier side. Please advise.

Highlighted
Official Employee

Hello guys,

I would have you check your settings – notifications – then scroll to Phone and make sure that your notifications are toggled to an “on” position. If it is “on”, toggle it to “off” then re-start your phone. When it comes back on, toggle your Phone notifications back “on”.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

Which notifications aren't you getting?  Audio, visual badges, or both?