Community Forum

iPhone $200 rebate questions regarding eligibility confirmation needed ASAP.

Regular Visitor

iPhone $200 rebate questions regarding eligibility confirmation needed ASAP.

I ordered Xfinity mobile and purchased an iPhone 8 plus on June 24, 2018. It was the last day for the promotion to receive a $200 Visa gift card. I received my phone on June 27th and immediately activated it and ported my number over from my previous carrier. I called and confirmed with customer service that I still qualified for the rebate even though I could not activate it and port my number until the 27th when my phone was delivered. I spoke with Armani Brocks (employee #4819) who again confirmed my eligibility. When the status of my rebate didn’t show up for several days I called 1-800-526-3268 and waited to speak to a customer service rep for 1 hour and 55 minutes. When I finally was able to speak to Ann, who said she was the supervisor at the New Jersey office, she said my phone wasn’t activated until the 27th. I explained that I can’t activate a phone on the 24th because I didn’t have it until the 27th. I told her I was assured by customer service that I still qualified for the rebate. She said that she would call me back, but to give her 24 hours to do so. She issued me #46751454 ticket in regards to my issue... I never received that call. The xfinityrewards website now shows "YOUR CURRENT STATUS IS: Pending Fulfillment Eligibility” but it also states "If you purchased a Samsung or Apple phone and ported your number between May 3 and June 24, 2018, you may be eligible to receive a $200 prepaid card for each Samsung or Apple phone you activated.” Again, I cannot activate a phone that I didn’t have until June 27th 2018. The FAQs about Xfinity Mobile Visa® prepaid card offers says, "Activate the Xfinity Mobile device and/or service(s) within 60 days” to qualify. I need written verification that I have met all the requirements of this offer, and, I am qualified for this rebate. I would not have purchased this phone without this $200 rebate offer. I need verification today, as it is my last day to start the return process and cancel service, if I am not going to receive this Visa gift card. Thank you.
Untitled 2.jpg
Official Employee

Re: iPhone $200 rebate questions regarding eligibility confirmation needed ASAP.

Hello wired2live, I replied to your PM please reach back out to me there for further assistance. 

Regular Visitor

Re: iPhone $200 rebate questions regarding eligibility confirmation needed ASAP.

I have sent you a PM with the information you requested. Thank you for looking into this.
Regular Visitor

I just realized that I have a similar problem, except I'm probably out of luck. I placed an order on 6/20 for an iPhone that was eligble for the $200 prepaid card, except the phone was on backorder until this week and I didn't receive it (nor was I charged for it) until a few days ago.

That means that I technically didn't purchase the phone until after the promotion and am not eligible for the promotion, doesn't it? 

Official Employee

Hello olita_the_otter, one of the requirements to get the gift card is to purchase the service but you must activate the phone within the first 30 days. If you're not sure when you activated the phone I can check your status for you, please please send me a private message with your full name, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me" and I can look into it for you.