Community Forum

how to activate a new device

Contributor

how to activate a new device

I bourght a Verizon 4GLTE mobile hotspot device to use with my Xfinity mobile account.  And I ordered a sim card for it.  But now I am having trouble activating the sim card.  I already have two lines on the account.  But xfinity mobile activation department says I have to use a iphone in order to activate but the problem is that the only iphone I have is already on the account.  I need an additional line to use with the mobile broadband device.  Whats the trick to getting this activated?  

Valued Contributor

Re: how to activate a new device

@nmstough wrote:

I bourght a Verizon 4GLTE mobile hotspot device to use with my Xfinity mobile account.  And I ordered a sim card for it.  But now I am having trouble activating the sim card.  I already have two lines on the account.  But xfinity mobile activation department says I have to use a iphone in order to activate but the problem is that the only iphone I have is already on the account.  I need an additional line to use with the mobile broadband device.  Whats the trick to getting this activated?  

Xfinity Mobile does not currently support LTE data tablets, Apple watches, or any other devices such as hotspots that require access to their LTE network via a SIM card or eSIM. This is the reason that they do not currently sell these devices.

Expert

@nmstough We cannot give you the information you're looking for here.  You will have to go somewhere else in order to find what you need.

And, FWIW, I have blocked your PM's to me as well as reported them as Abuse. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Expert

This thread is locked from further comments.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!