Community Forum

has Xfinity Mobile removed LG's Screen Sharing

Regular Contributor

has Xfinity Mobile removed LG's Screen Sharing

XM bought phones from LG... fine.

Then sold those phones to Xfinity Customers, that already pay Comcast at least $150/month, for PENNIES... ok .

We have already PAID for TV Services once, I'm sure the TV Networks got their share... why would they object to my watching them on the 1.75 inch window -OR- 5.5 inch screen when I'm NOT AT HOME ???  I cannot be in two places 'at-once'... CAN I ???

So 'what's' THE PROBLEM ???    I'm not at home... phone as TV... I want to VIEW (not OWN) a few TV channels on friends BIG SCREEN for a couple of hours... he's NOT STEALING anything & I 'sure-as-heck' AM NOT, remember, I've ALREADY PAID !!!

In my case $190 + $45 = $235/month for a couple of hours of TV once or twice a year while NOT AT HOME !!!

YES, I know about DRM & all that... WHY ELSE WOULD I PAY $235/month ?   I've BOUGHT the {"rights"} AND THEN SOME !

What do you guys think ?

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: has Xfinity Mobile removed LG's Screen Sharing

@HarryDemers wrote:

XM bought phones from LG... fine.

Then sold those phones to Xfinity Customers, that already pay Comcast at least $150/month, for PENNIES... ok .

We have already PAID for TV Services once, I'm sure the TV Networks got their share... why would they object to my watching them on the 1.75 inch window -OR- 5.5 inch screen when I'm NOT AT HOME ???  I cannot be in two places 'at-once'... CAN I ???

So 'what's' THE PROBLEM ???    I'm not at home... phone as TV... I want to VIEW (not OWN) a few TV channels on friends BIG SCREEN for a couple of hours... he's NOT STEALING anything & I 'sure-as-heck' AM NOT, remember, I've ALREADY PAID !!!

In my case $190 + $45 = $235/month for a couple of hours of TV once or twice a year while NOT AT HOME !!!

YES, I know about DRM & all that... WHY ELSE WOULD I PAY $235/month ?   I've BOUGHT the {"rights"} AND THEN SOME !

What do you guys think ?

If you're talking about casting/mirroring your mobile screen while using the xf tream app, the app blocks streaming if it detects casting/mirroring of any kind. Xfm didn't remove sreen sharing, just don't allow it while using their app. You can use a pc and the streaming web site to cat/mirror to a tv.

Regular Contributor

HERE WE GO...

If you're talking about casting/mirroring your mobile screen while using the xf tream app, the app blocks streaming if it detects casting/mirroring of any kind. Xfm didn't remove sreen sharing, just don't allow it while using their app. 

CHANGING THE "SUBJECT LINE" TOPIC TO MAKE AN OPPOSING 'POINT-OF-VIEW'...

SOME BEIEVE "SCREEN SHARING" IS 1,000% IDENTICAL TO "CASTING" & "MIRRORING".

ACTUALLY, THEY ARE SIMILAR WITH ACTUAL DIFFERENCES, 'THERE-IN' IS THE REASON FOR MY POST, AT LEAST...

FUNCTIONALITY SEEMS BE DETERMINED BT MODEL & CARRIER & CARRIER'S SW... WHICH IS EXACTLY WHAT THIS IS ALL ABOUT !!!  ANY DISAGREEMENTS SO FAR ?

REMOVING & DISABLING ARE ALSO DIFFERENT... WHEN AN APP "BLOCKS" NORMAL FUNCTIONALITY, IT CAN BE SEEN AS REMOVING OTHERWISE NORMAL BEHAVIOR  OR  ACTIONS...

AS-FAR-AS... You can use a pc and the streaming web site to cat/mirror to a tv.

PLEASE ELABORATE...  CAN PC BE ANYWHERE THERE'S WIFI -OR- DOES PC HAVE TO CONNECT TO ACCT. HOLDER'S XFINITY HOME ROUTER ? ...  WHICH STREAMING WEB SITE... XFINITY DOT WHAT... HOW DOES ONE "CAT/MIRROR" TO A FRIENDS WIFI TV WHEN FRIEND DOESN'T HAVE CABLE ? 

VERY INTERESTED TO LEARN THOSE TRICKS... I'M 'ALL EARS'

Bronze Problem Solver

@HarryDemers wrote:

HERE WE GO...

If you're talking about casting/mirroring your mobile screen while using the xf tream app, the app blocks streaming if it detects casting/mirroring of any kind. Xfm didn't remove sreen sharing, just don't allow it while using their app. 

CHANGING THE "SUBJECT LINE" TOPIC TO MAKE AN OPPOSING 'POINT-OF-VIEW'...

SOME BEIEVE "SCREEN SHARING" IS 1,000% IDENTICAL TO "CASTING" & "MIRRORING".

ACTUALLY, THEY ARE SIMILAR WITH ACTUAL DIFFERENCES, 'THERE-IN' IS THE REASON FOR MY POST, AT LEAST...

FUNCTIONALITY SEEMS BE DETERMINED BT MODEL & CARRIER & CARRIER'S SW... WHICH IS EXACTLY WHAT THIS IS ALL ABOUT !!!  ANY DISAGREEMENTS SO FAR ?

REMOVING & DISABLING ARE ALSO DIFFERENT... WHEN AN APP "BLOCKS" NORMAL FUNCTIONALITY, IT CAN BE SEEN AS REMOVING OTHERWISE NORMAL BEHAVIOR  OR  ACTIONS...

AS-FAR-AS... You can use a pc and the streaming web site to cat/mirror to a tv.

PLEASE ELABORATE...  CAN PC BE ANYWHERE THERE'S WIFI -OR- DOES PC HAVE TO CONNECT TO ACCT. HOLDER'S XFINITY HOME ROUTER ? ...  WHICH STREAMING WEB SITE... XFINITY DOT WHAT... HOW DOES ONE "CAT/MIRROR" TO A FRIENDS WIFI TV WHEN FRIEND DOESN'T HAVE CABLE ? 

VERY INTERESTED TO LEARN THOSE TRICKS... I'M 'ALL EARS'

From xf's point of view, screen sharing is identical to casting/mirroring. They claim that aggreements between them and content providers don't allow displaying streaming content from mobile devices to a tv.

To get xf stream to a tv, you can use an hdmi cable to directly connect a laptop to the tv, or you can use some casting hardware like chromecast. If on your home network, you can watch anything. If not on your home network, you can watch anything not marked as "In Home", as well as your recordings and tv go channels. The xf stream web site is https://tv.xfinity.com.

Official Employee

Hello HarryDemers, the information that (mvenanzi) shared is correct. We do not support casting or mirroring. This is not a limitation set by the phone or manufacturer but by our Xfinity Stream app, you can use a Roku device or laptop to stream content to your TV. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

From xf's point of view, screen sharing is identical to casting/mirroring. They claim that aggreements between them and content providers don't allow displaying streaming content from mobile devices to a tv.

WHAT DO THE "PROVIDERS" COMCAST RECEIVES PROGRAMMING FROM "CLAIM" ?  I'M FAIRLY SURE COMCAST DOESN'T HAVE "AGREEMENTS" WITH EVERY PRODUCTION COMPANY IN HOLLYWOOD AND BEYOND... THINK THEY ARE 3 0R 4 TIMES "REMOVED", THEY ARE NOT THE "CONTENT PROVIDERS" IN ALMOST ALL CASES, UNLESS AN ACTUAL BROADCASTER LIKE PBS OR THE LIKE PRODUCES SHOWS. NOT TALKING ABOUT HBO & THOSE, JUST PRIMARY "PROVIDERS" FOUND ON BASIC CABLE...

To get xf stream to a tv, you can use an hdmi cable to directly connect a laptop to the tv, or you can use some casting hardware like chromecast. If on your home network, you can watch anything. If not on your home network, you can watch anything not marked as "In Home", as well as your recordings and tv go channels. The xf stream web site is https://tv.xfinity.com.

USED PC-TO-HDTV VIA HDMI 5 PCs AGO... NOT REALY PART OF MY POST, BUT THANKS ANYWAY. HAVE CHROMECAST & ROKU & MORE... LEARNING MORE ALL THE TIME...

BUT YOU'VE 'GOT-ME' WITH "In Home"... NOT ON MY X1... DO SEE THE 250+ "tv go" CHANNELS, STARTING AT CH. 1402 ON PHONE AT HOME, JUST FOUND THEM SO UN-TRIED "OUT OF HOME", LIKE THAT COMMERCIALS ARE CUT BY COMCAST CONTROL DESK WITH A "STATION BREAK"  SPLASH SCREEN, ONLY THING IS THEY MOST TAKE A LITTLE NAP THEN BECAUSE THEY DON'T RESUME THE FEED PROPERLY.

WHERE DID YOU SAY YOU SAW THAT "In Home" ON YOUR EQUIPMENT ???

KNOW MY X1 BOX GUIDE DOESN'T SHOW ICONS FOR EITHER " In Home" OR "tv go", WHILE X1 TV ON PC SHOWS "tv go" W/ -OR- W/O USING "FILTERS"...

Official Employee

Are you referring to watching content while within your "in home network" opposed to watching TVGo channels? Most live content can only be viewed inside of your home network, the TVGo channels can be accessed from anywhere. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Bronze Problem Solver

@HarryDemers wrote:

WHAT DO THE "PROVIDERS" COMCAST RECEIVES PROGRAMMING FROM "CLAIM" ?  I'M FAIRLY SURE COMCAST DOESN'T HAVE "AGREEMENTS" WITH EVERY PRODUCTION COMPANY IN HOLLYWOOD AND BEYOND... THINK THEY ARE 3 0R 4 TIMES "REMOVED", THEY ARE NOT THE "CONTENT PROVIDERS" IN ALMOST ALL CASES, UNLESS AN ACTUAL BROADCASTER LIKE PBS OR THE LIKE PRODUCES SHOWS. NOT TALKING ABOUT HBO & THOSE, JUST PRIMARY "PROVIDERS" FOUND ON BASIC CABLE...

USED PC-TO-HDTV VIA HDMI 5 PCs AGO... NOT REALY PART OF MY POST, BUT THANKS ANYWAY. HAVE CHROMECAST & ROKU & MORE... LEARNING MORE ALL THE TIME...

BUT YOU'VE 'GOT-ME' WITH "In Home"... NOT ON MY X1... DO SEE THE 250+ "tv go" CHANNELS, STARTING AT CH. 1402 ON PHONE AT HOME, JUST FOUND THEM SO UN-TRIED "OUT OF HOME", LIKE THAT COMMERCIALS ARE CUT BY COMCAST CONTROL DESK WITH A "STATION BREAK"  SPLASH SCREEN, ONLY THING IS THEY MOST TAKE A LITTLE NAP THEN BECAUSE THEY DON'T RESUME THE FEED PROPERLY.

WHERE DID YOU SAY YOU SAW THAT "In Home" ON YOUR EQUIPMENT ???

KNOW MY X1 BOX GUIDE DOESN'T SHOW ICONS FOR EITHER " In Home" OR "tv go", WHILE X1 TV ON PC SHOWS "tv go" W/ -OR- W/O USING "FILTERS"...

"in home" flag is not present on stb, you'll see "in home" flag when on the web site. Its the same as the app, website copies app functionallity.

Bronze Problem Solver

@ComcastAmir wrote:

Hello HarryDemers, the information that (mvenanzi) shared is correct. We do not support casting or mirroring. This is not a limitation set by the phone or manufacturer but by our Xfinity Stream app, you can use a Roku device or laptop to stream content to your TV

Not while off home network as OP was looking for.

Regular Contributor

Hello HarryDemers, the information that (mvenanzi) shared is correct. We do not support casting or mirroring. This is not a limitation set by the phone or manufacturer but by our Xfinity Stream app, you can use a Roku device or laptop to stream content to your TV.

WITH RESPECT, THIS IS THE 2nd TIME YOU 'CHIMED-IN' USING THOSE EXACT SAME WORDS...

NOT HELPFUL, IN MY OPINION !

IF YOU WISH TO EXCEPT A PROBLEM, THAT IS FINE...

BUT I AM NOT AS WILLING...

GIVEN THE FACT THAT 5 DIFFERENT XM REPS WILL GIVE ME 5 DIFFERENT ANSWERS, I'M NOT SO CONVINCED ONE INDIVIDUAL HAS ALL THE ANSWERS... I WILL KEEP LOOKING...

YOU FORGOT TO MENTION THE RECORD BUTTON HAS BEEN REMOVED... IT COULD WORK, IN FACT IT DID WORK... SO, 'HERE TODAY & GONE TOMORROW ' IS POSSIBLE, THEREFORE THE REVERSE IS ALSO POSSIBLE, GIVEN "SOFTWARE" & "AGREEMENTS"...  WOULDN'T YOU THINK... ??? 

Official Employee

That functionality has been removed from our apps. If you’re away from your DVR box and cannot schedule a recording and miss a show, check to see if it’s available on XFINITY On Demand! We apologize for the inconvenience. Due to a judicial ruling, we are disabling this feature while we pursue an appeal. Also please elaborate more on your mirroring concern, as I have been trained and researched this matter myself. I don't show any device that can stream content while displaying the picture on another screen. this can only be done using a Roku device. 

Bronze Problem Solver

@ComcastAmir wrote:

That functionality has been removed from our apps. If you’re away from your DVR box and cannot schedule a recording and miss a show, check to see if it’s available on XFINITY On Demand! We apologize for the inconvenience. Due to a judicial ruling, we are disabling this feature while we pursue an appeal. Also please elaborate more on your mirroring concern, as I have been trained and researched this matter myself. I don't show any device that can stream content while displaying the picture on another screen. this can only be done using a Roku device. 

Using the stream web site on a pc connected to a tv works fine.

Official Employee

mvenanzi wrote: Using the stream web site on a pc connected to a tv works fine.

Correction, streaming on a PC while connected to a TV will work as well.

Regular Contributor

Are you referring to watching content while within your "in home network" opposed to watching TVGo channels?

YES I AM... THOUGHT THAT WAS OBVIOUS... WHY REMIND ME ???

Most live content can only be viewed inside of your home network, the TVGo channels can be accessed from anywhere.

ONCE AGAIN I HAVE TO 'SEE THINGS DIFFERENTLY', NOT BECAUSE I LIKE DISAGREEING... BUT I'VE "WATCH" REGULAR CHANNELS THAT WERE "LIVE" (that might not mean 'real-time') OR YOUR VERSION OF "LIVE" ON MY PHONE 'OFF-OF' ANY WIFI, VIA CELLULAR !  MANY OF THE REGULAR CHANNELS DID HAVE THE WATCH BUTTON 'DIMMED-OUT' THOUGH... IF THAT MAKES YOU HAPPY, NOT ME, NOT FOR $200+/month... THEN AGAIN YOU DID SAY "Most live..."

JUST LIKE THE "DELAY" BETWEEN TWO DIFFERENT X1 BOXES ON THE SAME "LIVE" FEED !

IF YOU'D LIKE TO REALLY HELP ME PLEASE ANSWER MY OTHER POST A FEW HOURS BEFORE/AFTER THIS ONE... IT IS EQUALLY AS IMPORTANT, THE TWO ACTUALLY 'OVER-LAP' IN MY CASE... THANKS 
Regular Contributor

"in home" flag is not present on stb, you'll see "in home" flag when on the web site. Its the same as the app, website copies app functionallity.

STB ???  THINKING YOU'RE BRAND OF X1 BOX...  MINE JUST HAS XFINITY LEFT OF CLOCK.

THINK I MENTIONED GUIDE ON X1 ON PC...  THAT MEANT APP... 

Regular Contributor

AM I THE "OP"... OPENING POSTER ???

YOU GUYS HAVE A LEG-UP ON ME, YOU KNOW ...

Bronze Problem Solver

@HarryDemers wrote:

Are you referring to watching content while within your "in home network" opposed to watching TVGo channels?

YES I AM... THOUGHT THAT WAS OBVIOUS... WHY REMIND ME ???

Most live content can only be viewed inside of your home network, the TVGo channels can be accessed from anywhere.

ONCE AGAIN I HAVE TO 'SEE THINGS DIFFERENTLY', NOT BECAUSE I LIKE DISAGREEING... BUT I'VE "WATCH" REGULAR CHANNELS THAT WERE "LIVE" (that might not mean 'real-time') OR YOUR VERSION OF "LIVE" ON MY PHONE 'OFF-OF' ANY WIFI, VIA CELLULAR !  MANY OF THE REGULAR CHANNELS DID HAVE THE WATCH BUTTON 'DIMMED-OUT' THOUGH... IF THAT MAKES YOU HAPPY, NOT ME, NOT FOR $200+/month... THEN AGAIN YOU DID SAY "Most live..."

JUST LIKE THE "DELAY" BETWEEN TWO DIFFERENT X1 BOXES ON THE SAME "LIVE" FEED !

IF YOU'D LIKE TO REALLY HELP ME PLEASE ANSWER MY OTHER POST A FEW HOURS BEFORE/AFTER THIS ONE... IT IS EQUALLY AS IMPORTANT, THE TWO ACTUALLY 'OVER-LAP' IN MY CASE... THANKS 

If you were using xf streaming app to stream while on cell data, then you were watching content that was not flagged as "in home" and was available off your home network.

This is the way it works.

If your rich you could buy comcast and change things for us. Lots of people would be thanking you.

Bronze Problem Solver

@HarryDemers wrote:

STB ???  THINKING YOU'RE BRAND OF X1 BOX...  MINE JUST HAS XFINITY LEFT OF CLOCK.

STB = set top box (any cable box)

Bronze Problem Solver

@HarryDemers wrote:

AM I THE "OP"... OPENING POSTER ???

YOU GUYS HAVE A LEG-UP ON ME, YOU KNOW ...

Yes you are OP = original poster

Bronze Problem Solver

@HarryDemers wrote:

In Home flag from streaming web site shown below

Untitled.png

Regular Contributor

Version:1.0 StartHTML:000000281 EndHTML:000046143 StartFragment:000045638 EndFragment:000045970 StartSelection:000045638 EndSelection:000045966 SourceURL:http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Xf

If you were using xf streaming app to stream while on cell data, then you were watching content that was not flagged as "in home" and was available off your home network.---OK

This is the way it works.---RIGHT NOW...  YOU DON'T RIDE A HORSE TO WORK, DO YOU ?

DID YOU HAVE TO BUY EVERY HORSE ON THE PLANET TO DRIVE YOUR CAR OR TRUCK, DID YOU ?

If your rich you could buy comcast and change things for us. Lots of people would be thanking you.---I DIDN'T HAVE TO BUY ALL THE VCR MAKERS TO RECORD TV ONTO A PC, DID I ?

NO NEED FOR ME TO BUY COMCAST... THE HACKERS ARE ALREADY WORKING ON A FIX FOR YOU .

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Nice PIC... from STB or PC App or Phone App ???

Not "tv go" because not a 1400 ch. #  -0R-  are you special ? 

Bronze Problem Solver

@HarryDemers wrote:

Nice PIC... from STB or PC App or Phone App ???

Not "tv go" because not a 1400 ch. #  -0R-  are you special ? 

Just a screen cap is from streaming web site to show you where the in home flag is.

"WHERE DID YOU SAY YOU SAW THAT "In Home" ON YOUR EQUIPMENT ???

KNOW MY X1 BOX GUIDE DOESN'T SHOW ICONS FOR EITHER " In Home" OR "tv go", WHILE X1 TV ON PC SHOWS "tv go" W/ -OR- W/O USING "FILTERS".."

Bronze Problem Solver

@HarryDemers wrote:

If you were using xf streaming app to stream while on cell data, then you were watching content that was not flagged as "in home" and was available off your home network.---OK

This is the way it works.---RIGHT NOW...  YOU DON'T RIDE A HORSE TO WORK, DO YOU ?

DID YOU HAVE TO BUY EVERY HORSE ON THE PLANET TO DRIVE YOUR CAR OR TRUCK, DID YOU ?

If your rich you could buy comcast and change things for us. Lots of people would be thanking you.---I DIDN'T HAVE TO BUY ALL THE VCR MAKERS TO RECORD TV ONTO A PC, DID I ?

NO NEED FOR ME TO BUY COMCAST... THE HACKERS ARE ALREADY WORKING ON A FIX FOR YOU

Horses and vcrs are no longer popular because competitors developed newer/better technologies to replace them, so find a newer/better technology other than comcast and you'll be happy. Right now comcast can't supply what you want with the direction they are going.

Regular Contributor

Horses and vcrs are no longer popular because competitors developed newer/better technologies to replace them,---ACTUALLY BOTH ARE STILL AROUND... ALTHOUGH THE FUNCTIONALITY THEY PROVIDE HAS BEEN GREATLY IMPROVED... SOMETHING COMCAST CAN BUT WON'T DO

so find a newer/better technology other than comcast and you'll be happy.---OR BRING-IN COMPETITION AND REMOVE THEIR MONOPOLY

Right now comcast can't supply what you want with the direction they are going.---THEIR DIRECTION AS ALWAYS BEEN... LEAST FOR MOST, SEE ABOVE "MONOPOLY"

Regular Contributor

What happened to you "ComcastAmir" ... ???

You "jumped-in-on" my discussion with a fellow member AND then refused to answer or even acknowledge my direct request for your assistance as a "OFFICAL COMCAST EMPLOYEE"... even after I sent you two PMs ...

Typical "Comcast Way" ...  the heck with the Customer !!!  they're lucky to have anything from comcast for only $200+/month !!!

Official Employee

HarryDemers, 

I believe you and I have already discussed this on other threads. Unfortunately, some networks do not allow streaming out of home (all content not streamed on the actual Home network). The same goes with casting or screen mirroring. 

If you'd like to submit official feedback for these features, you can do so here: 

https://www.xfinity.com/support/cable-tv/channel-availability-faqs/​ ​