Community Forum

has Xfinity Mobile removed LG's Screen Sharing

Regular Contributor

has Xfinity Mobile removed LG's Screen Sharing

LG advises that the LG X Charge (M322) has "LG Screen Share" per their email.

Has XM removed or disabled that feature ?

Not talking about the use of Screen Share with any given App like XM Stream App !

Is "LG Screen Share" alive & well on this XM phone, Yes or No ?

LG also states that "WiFi Direct" is available on the M322, has XM changed that ? 

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: has Xfinity Mobile removed LG's Screen Sharing

@HarryDemers wrote:

LG advises that the LG X Charge (M322) has "LG Screen Share" per their email.

Has XM removed or disabled that feature ?

Not talking about the use of Screen Share with any given App like XM Stream App !

LG also states that "WiFi Direct" is available on the M322, has XM changed that ? 

There's nothing on the xf mobile site or the X charge manual called "Screen Share", could you provide more info?

For Wifi-Direct, from the X Charge manual:

Wi-Fi Direct
You can connect your device to other devices that support Wi-Fi
Direct to share data directly with them. You do not need an access
point. You can connect with more than two devices by using Wi-Fi
Direct.
1 On the settings screen, tap Wi-Fi Advanced Wi-Fi Wi-Fi
Direct.
• Nearby devices that support Wi-Fi Direct automatically appear.
2 Select a device.
• Connection occurs when the device accepts the connection
request.

Regular Contributor

see ODT file

I've tried attaching the ODT file (doc) by-way-of the "browse..." button right below this box (body) !

The file shows in field next to button, but when I post nothing goes to the end of this thread.

If I can be PM(ed) I will forward  LG's email to you from my Hotmail

Regular Contributor

There's nothing on the xf mobile site or the X charge manual called "Screen Share", could you provide more info?

TRY LG'S

Regular Contributor

page 68 

page 68 & 69

Bronze Problem Solver

@HarryDemers wrote:

TRY LG'S

Here is the LG page for the x charge, I don't see anything about screen share

http://www.lg.com/us/cell-phones/lg-M322-x-charge-xfinity-mobile

Regular Contributor

LG's email stating what I mentioned also included THEIR PDF as an attachment, they were correct in saying

page 69 covering sharing screens & wifi direct .

Not sure about what you see or don't see on yours, if LG sent it to you directly one would think they'd be

the same, but I can't state that as fact.

Wish their email allowed 'copy-n-paste' to prove what the said, a 'print-screen' in ODT via Win 10's WordPad

is here, however posting that on this board has failed 3 times since started I replied to you, just tried an EML

no go either. If PM allows any attachments I could try that, up to you. 

Bronze Problem Solver

@HarryDemers wrote:

LG's email stating what I mentioned also included THEIR PDF as an attachment, they were correct in saying

page 69 covering sharing screens & wifi direct .

Not sure about what you see or don't see on yours, if LG sent it to you directly one would think they'd be

the same, but I can't state that as fact.

Wish their email allowed 'copy-n-paste' to prove what the said, a 'print-screen' in ODT via Win 10's WordPad

is here, however posting that on this board has failed 3 times since started I replied to you, just tried an EML

no go either. If PM allows any attachments I could try that, up to you. 

I don't have any emails from lg, just trying to figure out what you're referring to so I can possibly help find feature. Sure pm it to me, I already pm'ed you as you requested earlier. Using wifi-direct will allow you to share your screen with other compatible devices, thats probably what they were talking about in the lg email you received.

Regular Contributor

file:///C:/Users/CMJ%60/AppData/Local/Packages/microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_8wekyb3d8bbwe/LocalState/Files/S0/5/LG-M322_CST_UG_EN_Web_V1.0_170601[465].pdf

above via opening LG's attachment which open PDF on Win Edge then I bookmarked it in Fav. then opened that

bookmark (again Win Edge) and highlighted the URL and copied then pasted it above.

Unsure about "///C:/Users..." & ...wincommapp...     SORRY

Just got Win 10 ...         MAYBE THE BACK HALF OF URL WILL DO SOMETHING 

Bronze Problem Solver

@HarryDemers wrote:

file:///C:/Users/CMJ%60/AppData/Local/Packages/microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_8wekyb3d8bbwe/LocalState/Files/S0/5/LG-M322_CST_UG_EN_Web_V1.0_170601[465].pdf

above via opening LG's attachment which open PDF on Win Edge then I bookmarked it in Fav. then opened that

bookmark (again Win Edge) and highlighted the URL and copied then pasted it above.

Unsure about "///C:/Users..." & ...wincommapp...     SORRY

Just got Win 10 ...         MAYBE THE BACK HALF OF URL WILL DO SOMETHING 

That is a link (shortcut) to a local file on your puter not the web. I take pm'ing it didn't work?

Bronze Problem Solver

Here's a link to the lg support page for the x charge, on the page you can get the pdf for the manual. Do you find anything in it that sounds like what the email is talking about?

http://www.lg.com/us/support-mobile/lg-LGM322#manuals

Regular Contributor

GOT IT !

Yours is a web site, mine is a file (drop everything before "LG...") 

Or try this...   BODY OR BOX DON'T ALLOW A PDF TO DRAG HERE

Learned something about XMF today at 3 file types WON'T go here or ine field below !

Regular Contributor

I known the C:\User... was my PC & not LG's or yours... although all / most OS show that or some form of it.

Meant it WAS NOT A VALID URL

Regular Contributor

IF this board doLG email p.1.jpgLG email p.2.jpgLG email p.3.jpgLG's emailed PDF.jpgyour link, looks more like screen I saw to order, are you sure this was your PDF.jpgesn't take these 5 JPEGs, THEN the heck with it...

Regular Contributor

Now this board cut my pre-written text in two with the PICS in the middle... MAN !

Anyway, we've haven't got ONE thing working, just 'ironed-out' differing points of view...

like which can first the chicken or the egg -OR- is it six or a half dozen...

Bottom Line = phone display IS sharable... 5 year old tech wasn't removed, IT CHANGED, 

whatever words one uses... clone; share; image; mirror; cast; pair; dup; replicate; etc.

Regular Contributor

CONNECTING A SMARTPHONE OR TABLET
There are a few ways you can connect your compatible smartphone or tablet to your Laser TV–wirelessly using your home network using DLNA (if your compatible smartphone or tablet are DLNA certified) or without a wireless network connection, using Wi-Fi Screen Share via Wi-Fi Direct or Intel WiDi.

Share content via Wi-Fi Screen Share
The Wi-Fi Screen Share function on your LG Laser TV seamlessly allows you to share what's on your compatible smartphone, tablet, or PC screen using Wi-Fi Direct or Intel WiDi (provided that your device is WiDi enabled). The great part is that both methods connect to each other directly over their own wireless signal and do not require you to be connected to a wireless internet connection.

Bronze Problem Solver

Here is the email you sent me:

Dear Valued LG Customer,

Reply to Your Inquiry

Hello Harry,

Thank you for getting in touch with LG Email Services. It's our pleasure to assist you with your inquiry today.

In response to your concern, please be advised that the LG X Charge M322 phone model does not support MHL (Mobile High-Definition Link) technology so you will not be able to use wired connectivity like HDMI for screen sharing. However, in place of this, you can use Wi-Fi Direct to share screens wirelessly to other Wi-Fi Direct-enabled TVs or displays.

For instructions on how to use Wi-Fi Direct on this phone please refer to the product-specific owner’s manual page 69. We’ve attached an electronic copy of the manual with this email message for your use.

We hope this information has been helpful in addressing your concern. Should you have any further inquiries or clarifications, please feel free to contact us again via Email, Live Chat, or Phone by calling 1-800-793-8896 and we’ll be glad to help out.

Thank you for choosing LG and have a wonderful day!

Sincerely,
Daisy

LG Customer Service
Toll Free number: 1-800-793-8896
LGEAI | Customer Interactive Center
Monday-Sunday

In it it states what I wrote earlier, you can share your screen using wifi direct with other wifi direct compatible devices.

Sorry for the delay, power and cable went out

Bronze Problem Solver

@HarryDemers wrote:

CONNECTING A SMARTPHONE OR TABLET
There are a few ways you can connect your compatible smartphone or tablet to your Laser TV–wirelessly using your home network using DLNA (if your compatible smartphone or tablet are DLNA certified) or without a wireless network connection, using Wi-Fi Screen Share via Wi-Fi Direct or Intel WiDi.

Share content via Wi-Fi Screen Share
The Wi-Fi Screen Share function on your LG Laser TV seamlessly allows you to share what's on your compatible smartphone, tablet, or PC screen using Wi-Fi Direct or Intel WiDi (provided that your device is WiDi enabled). The great part is that both methods connect to each other directly over their own wireless signal and do not require you to be connected to a wireless internet connection.

This seems to be your tv, it too says use wifi direct to share your screen. You're all set both your phone and tv support wifi direct, turn it on in both and try it.

Regular Contributor

No problem, my CABLE (Comcast) went-out a few nights ago...

You DID get the email...  wonder how I got it to go ?  The board & PM wasn't allowing me

to attach or paste anything for the longest time...

Finally saw where it allowed JPEG and figured-out Win 10's Paint had that, never used

Paint, only WordPad since XP...  Oh, you're talking about 'print-screen' JPEG of email,

not the email itself, got you (understand you).

Yes they state what we all have known because we can see WiFi Direct on our phones,

that working is why I contacted them & you IN THE FIRST PLACE... it doesn't !

MHL (by wire) sharing was everyone's first 'go-to', Xfinity reps. advised it before I

ordered and knowing first-hand my 5 yr. old Moto DID 'share-by-wire', I was 'all-in'

and ordered. This entire SHARING issue is nonsense in that it shouldn't take days

and weeks; many contacts with several parties; dozens of Chats & emails; countless

requests just to use one feature of a smartphone. 

Regular Contributor

This seems to be your tv, it too says use wifi direct to share your screen. You're all set both your phone and tv support wifi direct, turn it on in both and try it.

REALY ???  Do you think I haven't "turn-on WiFi Direct" on phone and TV ?

Remember my actual QUESTION when I first contacted you ?  And thank you for repling by the way.

It mentioned & asked about WiFI Direct...  it didn't ask "what is WiFi Direct" or "how to use it"...

Me question was... "did Xfinity REMOVE it", you've never really answered that, BUT after all your

comments about 'you told me' & finally 'turn it on', I think your answer is NO WAS NOT REMOVED.

Regular Contributor

How did you copy the email TEXT off-of a JPEG image, I tried doing that from a ODT image & nogo ?

Bronze Problem Solver

@HarryDemers wrote:

How did you copy the email TEXT off-of a JPEG image, I tried doing that from a ODT image & nogo ?

I copied from what you pm'ed me

Bronze Problem Solver

@HarryDemers wrote:

REALY ???  Do you think I haven't "turn-on WiFi Direct" on phone and TV ?

Remember my actual QUESTION when I first contacted you ?  And thank you for repling by the way.

It mentioned & asked about WiFI Direct...  it didn't ask "what is WiFi Direct" or "how to use it"...

Me question was... "did Xfinity REMOVE it", you've never really answered that, BUT after all your

comments about 'you told me' & finally 'turn it on', I think your answer is NO WAS NOT REMOVED.

If you see wifi direct option in your phone, then I would say comcast did not remove it. If its not working with your tv, thats a different problem and would need lg's support help.

Regular Contributor

Version:1.0 StartHTML:000000281 EndHTML:000044742 StartFragment:000044355 E

@HarryDemers wrote:

FROM JPEG...  was the question... I know you used the COPY COMMAND, come on...

The email itself couldn't have been forwarded via PM...  COULD IT ???

Bronze Problem Solver

@HarryDemers wrote:

Version:1.0 StartHTML:000000281 EndHTML:000044742 StartFragment:000044355 E

@HarryDemers wrote:

FROM JPEG...  was the question... I know you used the COPY COMMAND, come on...

The email itself couldn't have been forwarded via PM...  COULD IT ???

I didn't copy from a jpeg, I copied from what you pm'ed me that came through on my end as text in a frame.

Regular Contributor

If you see wifi direct option in your phone, then I would say comcast did not remove it. If its not working with your tv, thats a different problem and would need lg's support help.

Heard, on this Forum, that the Xfinity Streaming App detected & blocked the option, TRUE or NOT ?

I know, that's a different question, but it has the same effect 'as-if' WiFi Direct were defeated, EVEN

if it "shows" on phone because WiFi Direct is phone related NOT carrier related, I believe...

Apps don't ALWAYS change CORE features or provide warnings to ever conceivable manner of use,

as-far-as I know.  You might know a lot more about FW; HW; SW than I do... most anyone would .

I'm just using 'common sense' as my guide...

Bronze Problem Solver

@HarryDemers wrote:

Heard, on this Forum, that the Xfinity Streaming App detected & blocked the option, TRUE or NOT ?

I know, that's a different question, but it has the same effect 'as-if' WiFi Direct were defeated, EVEN

if it "shows" on phone because WiFi Direct is phone related NOT carrier related, I believe...

Apps don't ALWAYS change CORE features or provide warnings to ever conceivable manner of use,

as-far-as I know.  You might know a lot more about FW; HW; SW than I do... most anyone would .

I'm just using 'common sense' as my guide...

Wifi direct will work using almost anything except xf stream app. They stop the app from streaming if any kind of this feature is being used. So, they didn't defeat or disable wifi direct, they disable the functionality of their app if wifi direct (or similar feature) is being used.

Regular Contributor

Should have asked if WiFi Direct was in someway... disabled/defeated/restricted/limited/etc. instead-of REMOVED.

Bronze Problem Solver

@HarryDemers wrote:

Should have asked if WiFi Direct was in someway... disabled/defeated/restricted/limited/etc. instead-of REMOVED.

The answer is still the same wifi direct is not disabled/defeated/restricted/limited/etc, the streaming app is limited if wifi direct is in use.

Regular Contributor

Again, was that a YES or NO ?

Is that App ALWAYS running if it is not being ACTIVELY being, ie.-  will LG's Screen Share work if XM Streaming is ON the phone but not in-use -or- does XM Streaming have to be UN-INSTALLED to use LG's Screen Share  ?

Bronze Problem Solver

@HarryDemers wrote:

Again, was that a YES or NO ?

Is that App ALWAYS running if it is not being ACTIVELY being, ie.-  will LG's Screen Share work if XM Streaming is ON the phone but not in-use -or- does XM Streaming have to be UN-INSTALLED to use LG's Screen Share  ?

LG's Screen Share WILL work if XM Streaming is ON the phone but not in-use

Xfinity stream app will not work if wifi direct is in use.

Regular Contributor

FINALLY...   THANK GOD !

Bronze Problem Solver

@HarryDemers wrote:

FINALLY...   THANK GOD !

Hey, I always answered the questions you asked.

Regular Contributor

Does WiFi Direct on the XM LG-X-Charge (M322) phone need the SSID and Password of the device (Smart-TV) that I'm trying to 'connect' with AFTER the 'initiation' step has been accepted by both TV & Phone in order for the TV to "PLAY" video & audio ?

Long question, but you've taught me to be super descriptive & precise.

Bronze Problem Solver

@HarryDemers wrote:

Does WiFi Direct on the XM LG-X-Charge (M322) phone need the SSID and Password of the device (Smart-TV) that I'm trying to 'connect' with AFTER the 'initiation' step has been accepted by both TV & Phone in order for the TV to "PLAY" video & audio ?

Long question, but you've taught me to be super descriptive & precise.

I don't have a lg tv, so I don't know.

Here is a youtube video from LG that shows how to use wifi direct with lg phone and tv:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6UVzxZgvFk

Video seems to show its very easy and no pw or ssid is needed.

Regular Contributor

Thanks

If we could have skipped PROVING the LG email & what Manual said or didn't say, your replies would have been close to my method of answering. I might have started with your LAST or something close to it... IF you re-read my ORIGINAL on this thread

you'll see it covers everything in LAST...

Thanks for the YouTube link as well.  Take Care.

Bronze Problem Solver

@HarryDemers wrote:

Thanks

If we could have skipped PROVING the LG email & what Manual said or didn't say, your replies would have been close to my method of answering. I might have started with your LAST or something close to it... IF you re-read my ORIGINAL on this thread

you'll see it covers everything in LAST...

Thanks for the YouTube link as well.  Take Care.

You asked two questions in your first post

I answered the questions

And included snippet from LG phone manual describing wifi direct usage.

You didn't ask how to use it until today. I found the video by google'ing which you could have done.

Regular Contributor

"TEXT IN A FRAME", COOL, NEVER HEARD OF THAT, IS THAT THE NAME OF THE PROGRAM ITSELF ?

Bronze Problem Solver

@HarryDemers wrote:

"TEXT IN A FRAME", COOL, NEVER HEARD OF THAT, IS THAT THE NAME OF THE PROGRAM ITSELF ?

Frame = webpage formatting term

Regular Contributor

YES...  HAVE IT YOUR WAY, YOU ARE RIGHT, I AM WRONG...

YOU ARE PERFECT & DON'T GET ANYTHINK WRONG, I AM NOT & DON'T ASK THINKS CORRECTLY...

YOU DID NOT SAY THAT, I DID... OK ?

Highlighted
Bronze Problem Solver

@HarryDemers wrote:

YES...  HAVE IT YOUR WAY, YOU ARE RIGHT, I AM WRONG...

YOU ARE PERFECT & DON'T GET ANYTHINK WRONG, I AM NOT & DON'T ASK THINKS CORRECTLY...

YOU DID NOT SAY THAT, I DID... OK ?

I'm out