Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

error code 0106

New Poster

error code 0106

Xfinity wifi is not available with tier of service error code 0106 again

Have the same error for about 3 weeks.  Cannot get access to xfinitywifi public hotspots because of this.

I called 1800Xfinity.  You get on the call with someone and that person transfers you to someone else then to someone else.  No one seems to understand or know how to resolve the problem.  I talked to tier 1, tier 2, accounts person; it doesn't matter they don't know what to do.

Just got off the phone again, most of the operators were nice but they cannot seem to resolve the issue.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: error code 0106

According to the following post, and a few others that I came across while Googling error code 0106, the error seems to be related to Xfinity’s inability to recognize your modem at home. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/Comcast/comments/7frg40/no_xfinity_wifi_hotspot_requires_mac_address/

Official Employee

Hello foleno0557. I can help review your account for the cause of the error you are receiving trying to connect to xfinitywifi hotspots. To get started, please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can access your account. 

Official Employee
Moved:

New Poster

I had the same problem, and if you are like me the issue is with your modem "bootlog file".  You likely have your own modem, and the file was not properly installed on Comcast's end.  You will need to get to tier 2 or 3 support and have them reinstall the bootlog file. This is not something support from the Phillipines can help with.  Make sure you are at home and have the MAC address for your modem available when you call.  It is a quick fix and your comcast apps will work instantly.  Took me weeks to get to someone who could help.  Good luck!!

New Poster

I have the same problem but apparently can’t send you a private message with my details. Can you reach out to me? Thanks!