Community Forum

Xmobile website limitations

Contributor

Xmobile website limitations

If someone is considering switching to Xmobile, it could be helpful to know that their website has very limited functionality.

1. I knew beforehand that they don't support payments by bank checks, they use recurring billing system that changes credit cards automatically regardless of amount at the end of the billing period . So if out of the blue they decide to charge your card $5K, they will get your money and there's no way to prevent it as afar as I can see.

However, what I didn't know is the following:

2. There's no way to see  itemized bill for phone, SMS or cellular usage.  On one of my iPhones, under Setting->Cellular Cellular Data Usage shows 0 bytes for both current period and roaming, but on their website it says 0.1GB! I've called their support about the discrepancy, but it was pretty useless. If you give Xmobile phone to your kid, there's no way you can check online who they are calling or texting with.

3. There's no way to control usage of cellular data by application or by device online. For instance, you cannot turn off cellular data on your Xmobile phone remotely. Neither you can set a limit of cellular data usage per device per billing period. So, if your kid with Xmobile phone go wild on watching Youtube, see p.1 above.

In my opinion, these are very *serious* limitations for familis with childrens. I can totally understand why Comcast would want to limit ability of customers to control their data usage (and amount of thier bill), but not having ability to see itemized usage of phone calls and SMS messages is totally unacceptable. I still have about 20 days to return my three phones and I'm already starting to considering this option.

Any comments, suggestions are welcome.

-albertr

Frequent Visitor

Re: Xmobile website limitations

Very valid concerns, just addressing a minor point:

>>2. There's no way to see  itemized bill for phone, SMS or cellular usage.  On one of my iPhones, under Setting->Cellular Cellular Data Usage shows 0 bytes for both current period and roaming, but on their website it says 0.1GB! I've called their support about the discrepancy, but it was pretty useless.

The free 100 MB (displayed as 0.1GB ) is shared between all the lines on your account. I'd be curious to hear if a purchased GB displays the same way(partial usage showing as the full amount with no indication of how much is remaining)

Contributor

Re: Xmobile website limitations

I'm not sure about origin of this 0.1GB I see in their billing system. I have three lines of service with Xmobile right now, one is unlimited data plan (currently shows 1GB used), the other two are on $12/GB plan. Out of these two, one line shows 0GB used, the other one shows 0.1GB used. I'm pretty sure that neither of these two lines used any data, since I disabled Cellular Data under iPhone settings right after these phones were activated. So this looks like a billing discrepancy and is a mistery to me.

On a side note, I was able to push custom profile to these phones, so now I'm able to turn off cellular data by application on the devices themself. It's better than nothing, but I would like to have the ability to control it remotely via website.

-albertr