Community Forum

Xfinity would you please fix it so our Caller ID can show our name?

Regular Visitor

Xfinity would you please fix it so our Caller ID can show our name?

I have quite a few friends and family, including my 93 year mother who get irratated every time I call, because they have to wait to hear my voice as I'm leaving a message on their answering machine because it only shows Mobile Phone as calling. A lot of them get a ton of scam calls, so they have to screen all the calls. Being the year 2018 (almost 2019) and something so basic is missing from our service, is pretty pathetic to put it mildly. Caller ID has been around for like 30 years... do I seriously need to look at switching my service to another company that isn't stuck back in 1985?

Official Employee

Re: Xfinity would you please fix it so our Caller ID can show our name?

Hello, M0710NM4N. Thanks for reaching out to us on the forums. I apologize to hear you are having issues with your information be blocked. I can certainly look into this for you. Can you please send me a PM with your first and last name so I may further assist you? Also, is this when you make a call on a landline or an Xfinity mobile phone?

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMichael" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

When I ported my number in my caller ID information was mispelled. I contacted support via online chat and they assured me they would correct the mispelling. Two days later my mispelled name was replaced with the name of a nearby city.

It's not important enough to me to spend any more time on it, so I won't.

Maybe XM can set someting up in the online account information that would allow the user to change the caller ID info and actually have it work?

Bronze Problem Solver

All my caller ID says is "Wireless Caller" and the number. I thought that was all xfm could handle from what I've read in these forums

Regular Contributor

@mvenanzi wrote:

All my caller ID says is "Wireless Caller" and the number. I thought that was all xfm could handle from what I've read in these forums

They claim otherwise but can't or won't provide it.

Expert

Some land line phones have a feature that allows any name to be displayed for a particular phone number in the contacts list. It works the same as it does for cell phones. If your friends and family have phones with this feature, setting that up would be a way to solve the problem immediately.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

I'm glad I was able to assist you, M0710NM4N. If you ever need further assistance don't hesitate to reach out to us.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.