Community Forum

Xfinity says my phone is rooted and can't/won't honor protection plan under warranty...

New Poster

Xfinity says my phone is rooted and can't/won't honor protection plan under warranty...

Having problems with the bottom speaker on my Note 9.  I have the protection plan.  When I called they had me do a Pocket Geek scan.  Their end says my phone is rooted.  I HAVE NEVER ROOTED THIS PHONE.  No reason to, and wouldn't know how anyway.  Installed and ran 2 different root checkers from Google Play.  BOTH said phone NOT rooted.   Just had Samsung remotely access my phone and they said it ISN'T rooted and showed me where on my phone is list OFFICIAL version. What is my recourse and why would Xfinity show it as rooted???

Regular Contributor

Re: Xfinity says my phone is rooted and can't/won't honor protection plan under warranty...

Their full of dung There is no root for the us snap dragon note 9. I was a moderator on xda developers. And know the root scene well. The only way your warranty is void is if you trip Knox which is nearly impossible on a snap dragon Samsung now due to locked boot loaders
Regular Contributor

Re: Xfinity says my phone is rooted and can't/won't honor protection plan under warranty...

Also it don't matter. My s8 has been rooted since day 1. I've even sent it to samsumg for warranty. All was good. It's just funny they claim your rooted on a device that if they would even look up themselves. There is no root method. Above Android 7.0 Samsung snapdragon Oreo and pie need unlocked bootloader. Which is not happening. What a bunch of dips

The issue is pocket geek.
New Poster

Thank you.  I'm really mad about this.  I've escalated the situation but still haven't heard anything back from Xfinity.

Regular Contributor

I mentioned something to the pocket geek developers as well. Waiting to hear their story. They are the ones that have the bad app claiming root
Regular Contributor

This is for you and xfinity
They acknowledge this is a issue so Xfinity has to honor their end as the app they use obviously does not work correctly and gives substandard results.
Screenshot_20190118-190911.png
New Poster

Thank you!