Community Forum

Xfinity mobile

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Xfinity mobile

Three big issues with the Xfinity Mobile Progran:

1) You MUST purchase one on THEIR smartphones directly.

2) You cannot activate your existing, late model smartphone in their system.

3) They do not accomodate Tablets for activation in their system.

Seems this plan was designed to discourage existing Comcast customers. It's very customer UNFRIENDLY!

Official Employee

Re: Xfinity mobile

joeandt1, Unfortunately due to current system limitations, we do not support bring your own device at this time, however this feature will be coming in the future.

We do not support tablets at this time as well. I'm hoping we will soon. 

As we launch as a New Mobile Carrier, we sincerely appreciate your patience as we develop these new features!

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Not a good answer, Ken.

I am a former Sales Rep for Verizon Wireless and have thorough knowledge of the Verizon Wireless Network and its provisioning System.

Your answer and explanations are lacking in substance and are vague. The current Verizon Wireless Smartphones can be re-provisioned

on the VZW Network along with the existing phone numbers. Pushing new Xfinity Mobile customers into an unnecessary and expensive purchase of new VZW Smartphones DOES NOT properly serve these new customers! It does however line the pockets of Xfinity Mobile! No existing VZW Customer of sound mind would make such a purchase when the devices they currently own will soon be allowed provisioning on the very same system. Those who buy WILL however be ANGRY later to learn that they were deceived into buying another, unnecessary and expensive device.

Seems Comcast/Xfinity finds the concept of "putting the customer first" completely foreign!

Try giving a more credible explanation! I will wait!

As to the inability to provision Tablets that are already provisioned on the VZW network: this is just plane idiocy!

Official Employee

joeandt1, I appreciate your feedback and your experience in this matter. 

I cannot speak on Verizon's specific provisioning system (or any other carrier) when it comes to their devices on our network.

Phones purchased outside of XFINITY Mobile are not guaranteed to have all the features that XFINITY Mobile provides and we cannot guarantee that they will work. That is why, at this time, we only support devices purchased in-house. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

If Xfinity Mobile is reselling on the Verizon Wireless system, then the provisioning, features, technical specifications are ALL THE SAME! The only difference is the price structure.

There is NO SEPARATE NETWORK for Xfinity Mobile customers ... and there is ONLY ONE VERIZON WIRELESS NETWORK. We are not talking about T-Mobile, AT&T or Sprint devices ... that is a different situation ... and those devices WILL NOT work on the VZW network!

I will be presenting additional technical proof, once I gather it.

Official Employee

joeandt1, I understand that the network is the same. Regardless, at this time, we do not support BYOD. We hope to provide this feature soon. 

Frequent Visitor

Right! So potential Xfinity Mobile Customers SHOULD INDEED WAIT until Xfinity comes to its senses!