Community Forum

Xfinity mobile gift card scam (update)

Regular Visitor

Xfinity mobile gift card scam (update)

I am writing to verify that the xfinity mobile gift card promotions are proven to be a scam.  Some people I know and myself went to xfinity mobile stores and opened mobile accounts with new phones which were suppose to come with a 150$ gift card.  I asked the store agent to verify before completing the order that I would receive the gift card even if we didn't port existing phone numbers.  They said we would still get the card as long as we kept the service 90 days.   Now I have waited four months only to find that my gift card is not eligible because I did not port a number despite being told I didn't have to.  I have escalated the issue through my local store to a comcast representative to handle the case.  They spoke to upper management and ultimately I was only able to get 100$ credit on my account instead of the 150$ gift card.  If you are thinking about using the promotions for a gift card, beware that this is a complete scam and make sure you have proof in writing from the store manager that you will be honored a gift card.   After years of service, xfinity still continues to disappoint with shady business agreements on TV packages and now mobile device scams.  Do not trust!

UPDATE:  Xfinity has given an additional 50$ credit to resolve this issue.  While I do not approve of the misleading business practices, I do appreciate the friendliness and ability to resolve the issue.  

Valued Contributor

Re: Xfinity mobile gift card scam (update)

Verbal agreements are meaningless and relying on them only sets you up for disappointments.

I'm not having any problems with my $150 gift card as of yet. I ported a number in on an iPhone BYOD in accordance with a PUBLISHED online offer from Xfinity Mobile. I have received multiple in writing status updates on this offer from Xfinity, the latest being that I have fully satisfied my end of the bargain and that my $150 gift card will ship in 4-6 weeks.

Contributor

You were lucky to get the $100, the terms clearly state that you need to port an existing number to qualify for the gift card.  I'm amazed at how many people on this board don't bother to take a minute to read the terms instead of simply accepting a verbal agreement from somebody who obviously did not know whay they were talking about. gderf is right on here.

I received my gift card (and spent it!) before the 90 days were even up, so no, it is not a scam.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

@bumboola wrote:

You were lucky to get the $100, the terms clearly state that you need to port an existing number to qualify for the gift card.  I'm amazed at how many people on this board don't bother to take a minute to read the terms instead of simply accepting a verbal agreement from somebody who obviously did not know whay they were talking about. gderf is right on here.

I received my gift card (and spent it!) before the 90 days were even up, so no, it is not a scam.

i agreed  i received my  $300 gift card   even befor my  90 days  where  even up and spent it  has well   got me  a new weather station  with it  

some on here  need to learn too read  the find  print   not this  order  a phone and  think  you be getting  a gift  card  this like that  thats not  the way things work