Community Forum

Xfinity mobile charges on credit card

New Poster

Xfinity mobile charges on credit card

For the second time in three months, I have charges showing up on my credit card from Xfinity Mobile. The first time this occurred, I called Comcast and spoke with someone who made note of my issue and told me it would be looked at as a case of possible fraud. I have not heard back about this. I did report the credit card as stolen, got a new credit card number, and the charges were credited back to my card. Today I noticed I have a pending transaction from Xfinity Mobile on the replacement credit card. I have no idea how this is happening. What is the best way to deal with this? I will be contacting my credit union to report my card as stolen and will dispute the charge.

Please do not ask me to call the fraud department. The person I spoke to last time was difficult to follow and was obviously not located in the US.

Official Employee

Re: Xfinity mobile charges on credit card

PercyJackson1, sorry to hear this has happened to you. The customer security Assurance team is the point team for all fraud issues. Have you tried changing your username and password for the primary username on your account?

New Poster

Do you mean on my Comcast account?

I should clarify that I do not subscribe to Xfinity Mobile.

Official Employee

Do you mean on my Comcast account?

I should clarify that I do not subscribe to Xfinity Mobile.

Ah I see. I would definitely reccomend changing your password as well as reaching out to CSA then. We take these matters very seriously. Please go to www.xfinity.com/fraudclaimform to submit a claim or call the Customer Security Assurance ID Theft team at 844-335-8719 as soon as possible.  

Contributor

It should also be noted that any charges that are flagged as recurring will be applied against a new card even if the original card is reported stolen. Rather than deal with Xfinity I would go to your card provider and inform them the charges are fraudulent and have all charges from Xfinity blocked. The reversal of the charges will cost Xfinity time and money and that is the only sure way to get Xfinity to listen. Once the charges from Xfinity are told to be fraudulent you will no longer be responsible. It becomes a urinating contest between your provider and Xfinity. You should not have to deal with Xfinity as they are not your charges.