Community Forum

Xfinity mobile Trying to get a return/refund since November 2017

New Poster

Xfinity mobile Trying to get a return/refund since November 2017

I ordered the iPhone 7 Plus on 9/15/17 when they had the promotion but it was too big for me so I asked to get a smaller phone, and they upselled me to get the iPhone 8 but they sent me the iPhone 8 Plus which arrived on 10/18/17 which again is too big for my hands. I saw the mistake immediately on the receipt I got sent too my email and called back that very same day to tell them I wanted the 8 NOT the 8 plus. The agent I talked with didn’t understand me nor did I he. I called the day the wrong phone arrived and they said I couldn’t return it to the store had to do it through the phone and ship it back, I don’t want to go through all the hassle of dealing with customer service once again so I stalled and finally called the week before thanksgiving in November again to exchange the phone. I was on the phone for an hour with a person he initially didn’t want to make the transaction because she couldn’t find the imei for the returned IPhone 7 Plus I sent her the tracking number for fedex and all my receipts. She finally noticed that everything was legit and said she had placed my order but didn’t give me a number to put in with the phone to return like I had to do the first time. I also didn’t get any confirmation receipt sent to my email like I usually do immediately after placing any sort of order with Xfinity she said it would show up after the “holidays”. I didn’t understand what the holidays had to do with me getting an email confirmation. I called back after she hung up on me to make sure that this she actually placed my order because if she hadn’t then I would be past the 30 day limit to return my phone the person I spoke with said they didn’t see any order placed but that it was normal for stuff not to show up until 1-2 on their screen. I called back after thanksgiving and told them I still hadn’t received any sort of email with details on my order. The agent tried placing the order once again but was hit with the problem that he couldn’t because there was already a number out there that stopped him from placing the order. He escalated the problem and gave me a ticket # to reference and said that the higher ups would be calling me in no more than 3 days, I never got a call. Once again I call back a week later it’s December by now and tell them my ticket # and what the problem is if all I want to do is get a SMALLER phone. They said if I had been calling constantly about referencing my ticket # that it would push it down. I said this is the first I called about in a week long after they where supposed to call me, so I’d been pretty patient. It’s past my 30 days to return the phone by now. Before that in one of the calls the agent told me the 30 day return policy was effective form the day I got the iPhone 7 Plus. So it would’ve been long overdue but when I got the iPhone 8 Plus I also got an attachment with my device plan/contract that stated I had 30 days to make a return . So now not only am I stuck with a phone that’s way too big for me to hold I’m also stuck with a defective phone that sometimes turns off or the flash sometimes won’t work when taking pictures but the flashlight will, or it’ll exit off everything on my screen and go back to the home screen, etc. At this point I’m just thinking of contacting the BBB or Visa so I can get my money back. I really do like the service I just want to be comfortable holding my phone since I do a lot of reading on it and better customer service.
Official Employee

Re: Xfinity mobile Trying to get a return/refund since November 2017

ORsslr, thanks for reaching out. So I understand properly, you were sent two iPhones that were two large for your hand. Were either devices returned? If one device was returned, which one do you have in your possession now? 

Official Employee
Moved:

New Poster

The iPhone 7 Plus was returned.
New Poster

And I have the iPhone 8 Plus 256 GB. I got the iPhone 8 Plus as a result of returning the iPhone 7 Plus but I asked for a SMALLER phone didn’t matter what it was (the customer service person upselled me the new iPhone 8). When the phone arrived not only did I have the same problem once again but I got the one with more GB and a higher price then what I wanted to pay
Official Employee

ORsslr, I understand. It sounds like a standard iPhone 7 or iPhone 8 might have worked better for you. Did you call in to have the iPhone 8 Plus exchanged for an iPhone 7 or 8 yet? Once a device is returned, you have 20 days from the date of the return request to return it. If it is not sent 20 days from when the return is requested, you will be charged the full cost of the device. A refund will not process until the device arrives at the warehouse and is graded "mint condition".  This can take up to 30 days from warehouse intake (because they do not grade phones on the weekends). 

New Poster

Yes I did call and when I returned the iPhone 7 Plus I got upselled to the iPhone 8 but what was ordered for me was the iPhone 8 plus. On my would be second return I called before the return period but the agent I talked to seemed to not only not know what they where doing nor like they wanted to help me. She finally gave up and said that she did do it and preceded to hang up on me. I never got any confirmation and when I called to double check my order was placed it never appeared. Also I have attached my device agreement and you can read for yourself in the fine print it says I have 30 days.
27D3E397-0CC6-4D19-B778-327226B3D039.png
Official Employee

OK, I will look into this further. Please send me a private message with your full name, residential account number, and address so I can help.