Community Forum

Xfinity mobile $500 gift card

New Poster

Xfinity mobile $500 gift card

Hi,

My husband and I switched to xfinity mobile and received a $500 gift card as part of the promotional deal.  Unfortunately, the gift card was initially replaced and by the time we found it, it had expired.  On 2/22/2019, my husband called and they said they could reissue it, but they needed me to call, because the card was in my name.

On 3/6/2019, when I called, they said there was no record of the card in the system and they couldn't reissue it because they had no record of the card ever existing.

So, in less than 2 weeks, they had managed to make it so that they wouldn't re-issue the card.  Well, either they issued it and should be able to find and reissue it, or, if not, they still owe me the original card (because as far as they know, they never fulfilled their end of the deal).

Has anyone had a similar situation and/or know how to get this fixed?  This seems really sketchy, because essentially, they told my husband I had to call and in the mean time they deleted the ability for me to get the card reissued.

Thanks.

Expert

Re: Xfinity mobile $500 gift card

@shabet wrote:

Hi,

My husband and I switched to xfinity mobile and received a $500 gift card as part of the promotional deal.  Unfortunately, the gift card was initially replaced and by the time we found it, it had expired.  On 2/22/2019, my husband called and they said they could reissue it, but they needed me to call, because the card was in my name.

On 3/6/2019, when I called, they said there was no record of the card in the system and they couldn't reissue it because they had no record of the card ever existing.

So, in less than 2 weeks, they had managed to make it so that they wouldn't re-issue the card.  Well, either they issued it and should be able to find and reissue it, or, if not, they still owe me the original card (because as far as they know, they never fulfilled their end of the deal).

Has anyone had a similar situation and/or know how to get this fixed?  This seems really sketchy, because essentially, they told my husband I had to call and in the mean time they deleted the ability for me to get the card reissued.

Thanks.

You say it was "initially replaced".  So, you had misplaced the first one and had it replaced and then misplaced the second one [the replacement]?  If that's the case, they may not replace it a second time.

I will escalate this to the Comcast Team available to the Forums. A member of that team will reply to your post as quickly as they are able, so check back often.

In the meantime, please do not send a PM to an Official Employee unless requested because it is against the Forum Guidelines and the Acceptable Use Policy.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

shabet, thanks for reaching out! As long as the funds from the card were never used, we can reissue the card. Please send me a private message with your full name and the last four digits of your card on file for help. 

Ken

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

No, they didn't reissue it to us, but the first time we asked them to they said they couldn't because it was my husband calling.  The second time they said they couldn't because they couldn't find the initial card.  I was speculating that they did something to make the old card disappear, not that they actually sent us another card.  I will respond to the private message request.

Official Employee

Hmmm, OK--I can reach out to the team directly to have them investigate this further. Thanks for the private message. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

I mistyped it.  It was supposed to say initially misplaced.

Official Employee

shabet, no worries! Your request was approved and the card was shipped. Did you get it yet?